Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown-Partials? - and some other questions
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM,
Crown-Partials? - and some other questions
Hello community,

i am not wearing a hairpiece now, but i am planning ahead for the future to be ready for it:-)

As for my current status: i am thinning on top, but also my sides and back have gotten thinner. so i have to take measures that will fit with these thin bio-hair. On my father and my older brother i can see they kept side hair, but it has gotten thinner too. It does not look "abnormal", it is simply thin sides.
(Something else i would like to add here, since i know that density and bio-hair is an important concern for many wearers: i see many men (young and old) who have very thin sides while not having any sign of male hairloss - a full NW1 status, but the sides and back thin. Nothing abnormal. I think, wearers often think too much about "perfectionism" and forget the great diversity in which hair appears in the human race.)

Since i do not want to wear full-caps, i have to get some sort of a Topper-solution.

Before you tell me that there is "no way around fullcaps if my side-hair is thin", you have to know what i am looking for: I DONT want a full NW1 head of hair and even more important: i DONT want a fully restored front hairline. My biggest issue is the crown-area. As long as i can have a (smaller-sized) partial that fits the crown-area of my head and covers it with a normal amount of hair, i am happy. My front is thinning (slightly receding). My hair on top is not completely disappering, its just getting very very thin. So biggest wish is, to have a low-density crown piece, that somehow gives a good transition to my back and sides and also to the mid- and front-section of my scalp.

So my questions here are:

1. Are Hairpieces that cover only my crown area possible?
2. If yes, are they "less of a hassle" because i dont have to deal with a front hairline and maybe even cheaper (because smaller in size)?
3. What is the lowest density in hairpieces and what are the problems about it?

4. Does anyone here use crown-partials and/or pieces with very low density?

TL-DR:
I want a hairpiece with low density for my crown only. My receding and thinning front doesnt bother me as much. Is this possible? And will it be less of a hassle since i dont have to deal with the front hairline above my face? Is anyone here, who uses something similar?

Thank you for listening and have a nice day.
Daniel
05-06-2016, 06:20 AM,
RE: Crown-Partials? - and some other questions
Hi DaDaniel,
Thanks for posting on the forum. You are being very realistic about your hair loss and not wanting to go the full cap route. We do partials that cover the crown area all the time. They cost $195 (we have free shipping for the month of May). They are much easier than a topper since you don't have to be concerned about getting the hair line down. Some people order a unit with a crown (thinner area in case the newbies are unfamiliar with the term) and some people order without a crown--it's a personal choice. We can go down to 35-40% density. And we can use thin diameter hair if you'd like---no extra charge. As far a problems with a crown piece, they are actually much easier than a topper or full cap because of the previously mentioned lack of hair line issue and not needing to be as precise in aligning the piece. Since the crown area is typically that gets the most contact with your pillow when you're sleeping I suggest the old stand-by---using a satin or silk pillow case. A cotton pillow case will dry out the hair which leads to breaking.
Regards,
John
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM,
John, thanks a lot for your answer!
As you observed, im not about hiding my hairloss completely. I don't think you need a full head of NW1 to look good. Personally, i can go with a "highly receded hairline" and thin overall hair, as long as my crown still features "any" kind of hair that gives my head as a whole enough frame.

I also think that this is a good compromise for some of the negative thoughts many people have about wearing. By having just your backside / crown covered with a piece, you dont exactly "hide" it completely, but you still have something on top. You dont have to worry about the hairline and so on.

Do you have any pictures of the low density pieces you have? Or maybe some examples of people who have something similar to my thoughts?

Regards
Daniel
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM,
Hey Daniel

I wear a partial piece that sits behind my own natural hair just do a search using my username and you will see some of my posts on this.

Regards

Mickey
05-08-2016, 01:44 PM,
Hello Mickey, i checked your posts and have seen your pictures - looks really great.
We seem to have quite similar hair - dark and straight, although mine is more of a lighter brown than yours.

Also the thinning pattern seems similar, but as i said, my hair is getting thinner overall. But your system seems to have a light density, which i like and want for myself. I will go for a more receded look though, as i already mentioned. I'll probably keep my (although very thin) bio hair on front and mid section and will try to get a good transition with a piece which fills up my crown area. My own Crown area is thinning the most and is also the only place where i actually "miss" the hair.I dont want to be bald there.:-)
Your piece seems to have hair on the longer side, which you style into/above your own hair - i think this would also be a good way for me to mix my system with my rather thin bio hair to also make them look fuller (a "comb-over effect, but not extreme).

I have seen many men with thin overall hair, thin sides and back and also men with very thinning/receding front but a rather full crown... so to me it seems almost everything is possible when it comes to hairloss-patterns.
As for my taste: i must say i find the look of men with thin or less hair on top pretty cool. As long as there is something on top and not just a completely bald head from front to back, thats still "enough hair" for me to frame the head and face. "Less is more" i guess is the right thing to say here:-)
Steve, if you read this: do you know men/customers who wear rather small pieces who dont give them the "full head" back, but just a little for the top/crown?

I hope i am not confusing you guys. I am just very particular about not having too much hair added. Having figured out what is possible in densities and sizes is my goal.

Thank you all so far. Any more thoughts, ideas, pictures? Just give it to me:-)
05-08-2016, 09:08 PM,
Is something like this what you have in mind?:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KiwtNSqd-rM
05-08-2016, 11:36 PM,
Hi Baldrich, yes thats very close to my idea. Thanks for the input!

Although i dont have as much hair as the male-model who uses the piece in this video. But size-wise yes, this is pretty close to my understanding of a crown-addition. But i would probably be hapy with even lessSmile