Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red bruising of scalp... Permanent or temporary?
04-30-2016, 09:42 AM,
Red bruising of scalp... Permanent or temporary?
I shaved my head for the summer. However, i now have a red horseshoe pattern of bruising where the poly back and sides were glued with Ultra.

Do you think this is temporary due to subtle strain on the skin? Or should i see a dermatologist? It is most pronounced at the sides.

Note: the hairline where there i used tape only is fine
05-02-2016, 03:34 AM,
RE: Red bruising of scalp... Permanent or temporary?
Hi EarlyTwenties,
Sounds like it could be a couple of things. If you removed the unit too quickly without allowing the rubbing alcohol or Lace Release to fully dissolve the adhesive you might have irritated your scalp. Ultra Hold is the strongest glue available and it needs extra time to break the bond. This would be a temporary situation. The other thing is you could have had an allergic reaction to the Ultra Hold. Have you used it before? Any reaction? We always recommend that people test a glue on a small patch of their skin before using it to see if there's an allergic reaction. I'd give it a couple of days to see if it goes away.
Regards,
John
05-02-2016, 07:42 AM,
RE: Red bruising of scalp... Permanent or temporary?
(05-02-2016, 03:34 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Hi EarlyTwenties,
Sounds like it could be a couple of things. If you removed the unit too quickly without allowing the rubbing alcohol or Lace Release to fully dissolve the adhesive you might have irritated your scalp. Ultra Hold is the strongest glue available and it needs extra time to break the bond. This would be a temporary situation. The other thing is you could have had an allergic reaction to the Ultra Hold. Have you used it before? Any reaction? We always recommend that people test a glue on a small patch of their skin before using it to see if there's an allergic reaction. I'd give it a couple of days to see if it goes away.
Regards,
John

Hi John,

I think you are spot on with your first theory. I should have just taken it off myself at home with my inventory of sprays. The stylist just peeled it off purely through pulling. It was a bit painful. And the bond was less than 2 weeks old. Really regretting not doing it myself.

I dont know why the stylist doesnt use alchohol. Maybe because he sold cheap systems and didnt want alchohol to touch them? Poor practices? But yeah, I think it was due to tension from pulling.

I went to the doctor and got prescribed some antiinflamatory steroids. I strongly believe it was due to tension. But did not think of the removal stage being the culprit until you mentioned it. I was told by my doctor to expect some scabbing which sucks.

Additionally, my stylist never did a patch test or anything.

The lesson here is that no one cares about your personal health more than you do. So take care with patch tests and follow the proper instructions when using glues. Learning how to do it yourself is much safer than leaving your scalp in the hands of someone else and playing ignorance like i did.

My stylist even tried to cover it up by saying I should leave some length in stuble. When I got home to shave and check out my scalp, i knew why.