Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer question
02-17-2016, 08:35 PM,
RE: Newcomer question
I had a look at the online order form ...I would assume once you select your country/standard shipping, once you go to checkout, it will calculate the correct price ..... I never use that form ... you could also enter a ``note`` requesting Fedex delivery, in the ` comments`` box on the form too-----I just mail John and he invoices me via Paypal ....as far as I`m aware, non-USA deliveries are all shipped directly to the customer from the factory now, via Fedex...... John mails me with the tracking number when the order has been shipped...usually take 3 days to arrive.
As a footnote..... I had a close look at the order-form.... I see there are a few options there now, which I hadn`t seen before in terms of front contour [shape] and base sizes too ... if you`re not sure which contour to order, you can have a look at various ones here , and that should help you decide which would be best to order http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Contour-Strips...0385865967
02-18-2016, 01:37 AM,
Thank you so much for the replies. Another question came to mind. Can I use minoxidil on my sides hair while wearing the topper? Or is it harmful for the system? Because my sides seem to be thinning also, and I want to stick to topper as long as possible before going full cap route.
02-18-2016, 01:56 AM,
You can continue to use the minoxidil on your own growing hair--it will not harm the topper at all.
Regards,
John
02-18-2016, 05:57 AM,
Thanks for the reply John, i already ordered the tl700 base system. One last thing - if properly maintained, can it last like 5-6 months? In my country 1000usd salary is pretty decent, and I am just a 21 yo student, so can't afford ordering it too often.
02-18-2016, 06:27 AM,
I`ll answer that for you, pker124 .... it`s a recurring question .
It`s not possible to give you a definitive answer, because there are just SO many ` local` variables...if you live in a very hot /sunny country, and you spend a lot of time outside, the sun will have an oxidising effect [bleach the color] The type of water you wash it in also ----if it`s heavily chlorinated, this too will have an adverse effect.
In my experience, and I`ve said this many many time, when it comes to system-hair, you MUST remember, you are not dealing with your Bio hair and you have to treat it more gently..... it`s neither necessary nor desirable to shampoo /wash your system-hair frequently .......less is best. The hair gets no lubricating-oils, nor moisture from your scalp, as does your Bio hair, therefore dryness [leading to brittleness/breakage] is your main problem ..anything you can do to counteract that , will pay you back big-time relative to the serviceable-life of the system........usually the hair ` goes` before the base.....
I`ve read so many times of guys who get a system and shampoo it literally every second day and then wonder why it only lasted 8 weeks !!
By all means, mist your hair with water [ preferably bottled water] and simply apply /use a good leave-in conditioner a few times a week...there`s is NO need to use shampoo.....you may of course, rinse the base itself , applying a little shampoo-lather to it and rinsing it off , to remove oils from your scalp....... the conditioner I use is this one ..it`s cheap, leaves no `build-up` of product on the hair, and has a sunscreen in it .... I recommended it to someone a while back and he`s now getting an extra 6 weeks from his systems. It`s the third one down ...the 2nd one is for synthetic hair so don`t get that one ....
http://www.ppi.cc/conditioners_hair_replace.htm I spray on a few darts of it [onto damp hair] and lightly ` style` the hair ...allow to dry naturally..the following day, you can ` re-activate` it by simply misting the air with water .
You could also use a little serum sometimes.... things like waxes/gels/hairsprays, are not such a good idea....they can and do build-up on the system leaving it looking dull and lifeless, so you end up shampooing it all out..this , of course , begins to ` lift` the color, the more you do it ....keep it simple....... so if you follow this simple routine, you could reasonably expect to get a minimum of 3 months and probably a lot more.... I`m wearing a topper now around 3 months and it`s still perfect ..no hair shedding out and no color-fade ....the ` routine ` above is simply all I do /follow.
03-17-2016, 11:16 PM,
Hi all. Ive got a few more questions.
The first one is what if I want to give a minoxidil a second chance, and want to delay cutting in my first system, but I have already ordered it? Will the system that will be shipped to me get worse, if I just hold it in my house packed as it was shipped?
And the second one is can I use minoxidil on the hair system, I mean the topper, not just my own hair on the sides. Will minoxidil work this way? Because from what I heard the system lets air and water to go to your skin, so I think it should let minoxidil also come through.
What are your opinions on this?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Oh and please tell me if I should use got2be glued(and what is its name exactly) if Im using tl700 base.
03-19-2016, 03:55 AM,
Any input on that?
03-19-2016, 11:31 AM,
keep it stored out of the sun and it will be fine......i would advise against the minox being applied either through the system or prior to attachment. minox is greasy and you will not get a good bond and it will damage thr hair by drying it out, perhaps stripping co;or as well