Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace Topper just cut in [photos]
02-04-2016, 05:14 AM,
Lace Topper just cut in [photos]
Ordered two topper systems towards the end of last year....one thin skin and the other, lace. Been wearing the skin one up to today.....it`s fine still [no obvious shedding ] Color-match with my own hair is not exact so I adjust that myself....my own hair tends to be a coppery-brown ..it can be tricky to get things looking spot-on.
I had the lace system cut in this afternoon.... I need to make my own hair slightly ` deeper` in tone to get the match correct....you`ll see my own hair-color especially just behind the ears ... I just wanted it styled today....she cut it slightly shorter than I usually wear it, but it`s a neater, ` cleaner` look....our weather`s been exceptionally windy of late and does my head in [no pun intended !] when trying to keep it styled ....the shorter hair should make this easier.
There`s about 10% gray in this system, but it`s not too ` obvious`....my camera isn`t the greatest for close-up detail.
This is a custom system [not stock] ..... these photos may be of interest to those considering wearing.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-04-2016, 06:11 AM,
RE: Lace Topper just cut in [photos]
Fantastic result! You're the king of wearing imo.
02-04-2016, 06:41 AM,
(02-04-2016, 05:14 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Ordered two topper systems towards the end of last year....one thin skin and the other, lace. Been wearing the skin one up to today.....it`s fine still [no obvious shedding ] Color-match with my own hair is not exact so I adjust that myself....my own hair tends to be a coppery-brown ..it can be tricky to get things looking spot-on.
I had the lace system cut in this afternoon.... I need to make my own hair slightly ` deeper` in tone to get the match correct....you`ll see my own hair-color especially just behind the ears ... I just wanted it styled today....she cut it slightly shorter than I usually wear it, but it`s a neater, ` cleaner` look....our weather`s been exceptionally windy of late and does my head in [no pun intended !] when trying to keep it styled ....the shorter hair should make this easier.
There`s about 10% gray in this system, but it`s not too ` obvious`....my camera isn`t the greatest for close-up detail.
This is a custom system [not stock] ..... these photos may be of interest to those considering wearing.

Great Look and blend. Maybe its just my monitor but your bio hair already looks a little darker than the piece.
02-04-2016, 06:42 AM,
(02-04-2016, 06:41 AM)SilverStreak Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 05:14 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Ordered two topper systems towards the end of last year....one thin skin and the other, lace. Been wearing the skin one up to today.....it`s fine still [no obvious shedding ] Color-match with my own hair is not exact so I adjust that myself....my own hair tends to be a coppery-brown ..it can be tricky to get things looking spot-on.

Great Look and blend. Maybe its just my monitor but your bio hair already looks a little darker than the piece.
02-04-2016, 08:58 AM,
Hi Guys, Thanks for the comments.... I took those photos literally an hour after the cut-in was done.
I`ve just removed it now as I like to sleep without wearing my systems.
Did a little tweaking in terms of positioning it on my head...it`s amazing how even a 1/4 of an inch,or so, of a change by bringing the front hairline more forward or backward, can affect the overall `look`.
I`ll adjust my own hair color in the next few days and I`ll be happy with it then.... Silverstreak ....colors can look different from one monitor to the next..... the actual color-difference isn`t huge, but my bio hair is, under strong natural lighting conditions, a kind of copper/brown hue....not dark, but kind of gold.....it`s hard to describe... the system hair is a darker shade.... I can mask it by using some coloring-mousse in the morning onto / into my own or by using a little gel on it....I`m my own harshest critic, but I like things to look right.
When I have this tweaked to the way I want it, I`ll post a few more photos in a new thread.....I`ll wear this to work tomorrow ...confident enough about it, but I just want to fine-tune it to the way I want it .I like the shorter cut....she got the blend-in very accurate, which is SO important.
Cheers for now guys.
02-14-2016, 07:13 AM,
That looks fantastic. Incredibly natural. I think it's a little bit lighter than your own hair, but that's exactly what it should be like. Sunlight usually does brighten the top hair a little, compared to the hair of the sides.

Really good results!
02-14-2016, 09:36 PM,
yupp looks amazing,
a great Ambassador for wearing
not wanting to hijack this great thread I'm starting a post on hold products and longevity of system using them
02-18-2016, 12:36 PM,
Great job Paul.
As a new member on here, how long do you get out of the full wig, what I need myself, and what is the usual cost from Toplace as I can't see them in shop.

Thanks a lot
02-19-2016, 08:28 AM,
Hello needtoknow.... the information you wanted is in the section ``Bases`` [pasted] FULL CAP UNITS $449 PLUS SHIPPING
We can make a full cap unit (covers the entire head including sidbeburns and nape of neck) for $449.00 plus normal shipping. This includes up to 6" of 100% real human hair. We will need a template and color number (or hair sample if possible).

Ive worn Fullcaps for the last few years, but recently transitioned back to toppers..... if you click on my user-name you`ll bring up my profile on here ..you can read previous threads I`ve posted relating to Fullcaps....... my main tip would be that at the nape area, mark a line / a few dots along your neck representing where you`d like the ` finished`[styled] hair to lie..... have the perimeter of your base no ` higher` than half an inch above that line.... that way the hair won`t tend to curl outwards from there..it sits in ` tight` to the skin..... hope that makes sense..if there`s anything you want /need clarified, after reading my threads, feel free to post a thread with your questions.... I`ve posted quite a few photos in them, including templates.I normally get quite a few months wear from them, but I don`t sleep with systems on my head, and that helps a lot too....... I`ve outlined my [simple] care-routine in the ``Newcomer question`` thread just underneath this one, so you can have a read of that too ! Regards.
02-19-2016, 10:04 AM,
Thanks a lot Paul for your helpful reply.