Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to apply full cap?
07-11-2009, 07:43 PM,
how to apply full cap?
Can someone give a run down on how to attach a full cap. I was going to apply walker ns on the base itself all around the edges except for the front and also in the centre of it, have the tape past the edges slightly. I line it up on my head then what? Whats the best way to do it? Thanks.
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM,
Re: how to apply full cap?
I've finally "perfected" my full cap attachment method, and it's doubled my attachment time from 4 days to over a week.

First thing I do is tape all the way across the nape on the unit itself. I used to use blue liner but in that area it breaks down too fast, so I started using Walker NS. The key in the nape area is to use a tape that gets "gooey", like the blue liner or Walker NS. You can use the other tapes that clean up easier but you will probably have to touch it up with glue after a few days. Blue liner is best if it doesn't break down too much over the course of your desired attachment.

I place the tape overlapping the lace by a tiny bit to ease the transition. Then I place the unit on my head with the tape backing still on and line it up exactly where I want it.

Once the unit is in place I flip up the nape and remove the tape liner. Then I carefully press the tape down starting in the center and working out to the edges.

Now that the back is attached well I mark the entire hairline and temple area with a blue lip liner pencil.

Next I flip the whole thing back and let it hang off the back of my head. I apply LOTS of tape to the back of my head, the top and even some on the sides. This is what helps me get over a week's attachment since I no longer get scalp irritation. Something about the lace rubbing against my head makes me raw. The extra tape solves that problem.

Now I have lots of tape on my scalp, but nothing at the front or above the ears, so I use a coupe of coats of glue behind the dotted line I created at the hairline and temples and continue it all the way back above the ears to where the tape starts in the nape area. If I'm using tape with too much shine on my scalp, I simply smear a little glue into the tape to kill it if it's in a visible area.

Once the glue is all dry, I start in the back again, and roll the unit up toward the top of my head, working it slowly to avoid wrinkles. The long surface area of the tape that I applied to the nape ensures that the unit falls right into place.

Once I get to the top of my head I lift up the sides so that they don't contact the adhesive above the ears just yet. I then give everything a spray with 91% alcohol and quickly drop the hairline in place, using my thumbs to feel for the adhesive line. Once the hairline is secured I do one side at a time, lining up each sideburn accurately with a handheld mirror. If I get it a little off the alcohol allows me an extra minute or so to peel it up and reposition it.

Apply pressure to the adhesive all the way around, and that's pretty much it.
07-18-2009, 05:07 AM,
attached full cap today.... oh boy was it hard... i have wrinkles over it... the front edge is crinkled cos i applied from back to front.... took me a good 2 or so hours to attach... do any other full cap wearers have a pulling feel on their nap when they turn left or right or look up or down?
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM,
Jrob seems like a bit of a long difficult task that takes time what you do. I myself wear 3/4 cap and have a very easy attackament method. The thing is is it really important to you that you keep it on at night? I find that Its great to take it off every night and attach every morning only takes about 30 secs to do so then a couple of mins combing piece.

1 the cap has elastic around back and sides that help it stay in place.
2 only one piece of tape at front, and piece at crown (I cut a curved piece for front and the remaining part I just stick on crown, Less waste of tape that way)
3 nape area has 2 comb clips on 2 thread runners My own method this. (if comb clip was attached directly to piece then it would pull on remaining hair when stretching neck and cap moved, with clips on thread runners there is a certain amount of give)

I change the non residue tape every 2 days no clean up needed and takes about 1 min to remove and reapply new tape.
a roll of tape lasts a year.

everyone to their own way but this works great for me.

Paddy