Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swiss lace shed quicker then french lace... help me ....
01-20-2016, 07:34 AM,
swiss lace shed quicker then french lace... help me ....
i am about to order my next system... i received my last order on april 25, 2015... and the piece has shed quite a bit... i now have to use topik to conceal certain areas...... i am wondering why this unit only lasted me 10 months as compared to previous 4 -5 orders they lasted me longer then this... what did i do different ill state them one by one and one of you gurus can shed some light so i dont make the same mistake in my next order......

1. i think i asked for single knot fine hair all over ....i felt that the shedding was more and that hair would come off much easily after a wash.. was it because it was single knot and fine hair..... next time im not going with fine hair all over....they just broke to easily...

i also used got be glued as an attachment adhesive... could that have hurt the knot which made them lose over a period of time ?? anyone suspecting the same problem... before i would use tape and my system lasted atleast 15 months...on an average.. so do you guys think gotobeglued had anythign to weaken the knots?

i wear the system behind my natural hairline so i am not worried about the edges...... now how much stronger is french lace.. or even i lace? i want strength this time... swiss lace was good but it shed to quickly.... how detectable would french or ilace be on the crown area and overall scalp area.....???keeping in mind i will be use got to be glued for overall attachment.... will french lace or i lace work just as good with got be glued or no????

my second concern... what is spiky ventilation.. and i want my new system design in a way that the hair direction is not horizontal but instead should be vertical .... that should give the hair a bit of natural volume????
will that be possible to achieve ?
01-21-2016, 01:21 AM,
RE: swiss lace shed quicker then french lace... help me ....
Hi Goodluck,
Actually, getting 'only 10 months' from a system is pretty good. I get emails from customers saying they get over a 1 year from a system but that's very rare. There are many variables affecting the longevity of a system--body chemistry, lifestyle, frequentcy of washing, water hardness, type of bonding, etc. And these are handmade systems and getting an experienced worker to knot the system can also make a difference. But it's getting harder and harder to keep experienced workers on the job. This is not a glamorous profession. It's tedious and monotonous work. The factory does not track what worker made a specific unit---they don't want that headache. A different lace would not make a noticeable difference. Some people say the ILace lasts longer because the hair is 'sandwiched' between two layers of lace. But others say the ILace seems to last about the same amount of time as a regular lace. Got 2 Be Glued is an excellent product for short term bonding. I like to use a short term bond because I like to clean my scalp once a week and do a fresh attachment. Some people don't like to do long term bonding because they feel it's not sanitary and causes there scalp to itch. G2BG is a mild adhesive and does the least amount of harm to the knots compared to tape or glue. French lace and ILace will work just as good with G2BG.
Spikey ventilation is when the hair is knotted to point straight up. Sounds like that's the ventilation that you want on your next system. It will give the hair a bit of natural volume since it won't be lying flat against your head. We can do that--no problem.
Regards,
John