Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expensive!
01-13-2016, 06:55 AM,
Expensive!
Hey all!
so as you know I have been looking into hair replacement, just waiting for what I currently have to get a little worse before I make the plunge. I wanted to start off at salon to get the basics down, so I visited a replacement place last night to view their pieces and what have you. Theor thin skin virtual reality hair was awesome, and I hope that Toplace has something that looks exactly like it because DAMN it was undetectable!

When we were done I asked what it typically costs and was told to walk out the door with a piece it would be $3250! If I couldn't make it all at once, they said monthly installments of $300 would also work....!!!! Seriously?! Might as well get s transplant for that cost! But anyway, I was wondering if the thin skin on toplace, the TL 700 ia similar to virtual reality hair? I am going to end up ordering from here and getting a cut in at a salon for like $60.
01-13-2016, 08:34 AM,
RE: Expensive!
Hi Kmay,
Outrageous! It always amazes me what some places charge. Yes, the TL 700 is similar to virtual reality hair. Virtual reality hair is a name dreamed up by some marketing person. It's the thinnest base available anywhere. It's excellent!
Regards,
John
01-14-2016, 09:26 AM,
Outrageous indeed ..... it really annoys me to see what these places charge people ....they make Dick Turpin look like a boy scout ! [ For those who`ve never heard of him ..he was a famous British highway-robber who relieved people of their valuables as they traveled about in horse-drawn carriages in the 1700`s]
Buy a few of their systems and the most undetectable thing will be your bank balance !!!
Poly [``skin``] is what it is ....lace is lace ...it ``is`` what it is.... referring to these base-materials as some type of ` new discovery` is just Jargon and ` spin` / hype..... what Toplace supplies is exactly the same materials, but at a fraction of the price.
Good luck with your quest and hope it goes smoothly !
01-14-2016, 10:14 AM,
Thanks for the replies! Yes I laughed when he told me the price. At first I thought he said $325 and knew it was similar to toplace pricing so I was okay. Then he told me I could also pay $300 monthly instead and I was like wait whatttt? $3250?! And he said yes and then fed me some BS about how they will prep my scalp, give me a bunch of lotions for the hair, and change the piece every 3 months, etc. I said "yeahhh I think im going to order it online at toplace. " he didn't like that though, he said I was wasting my money and id be back to see him in the end anyway. I think not lol.

The best part though is that ive been nervous about going this route as I never could believe a piece would be even remotely undetectable- even after seeing pics and vids. Id just never seen one in person. He was wearing tho and let me see and feel it and I was amazed. I figured the Tl 700 was the same thing he was wearing, so im going to go with that after I make a new template.
01-15-2016, 07:10 AM,
I remember 2010 going for a consult when I was coming to the end of concealer
and knew I had to move on to the last stage
id tried all the pills for 2 years previous
advanced hair studio are another company who just make figures up
1000s for a standard hair system or sub standard
eww and a nice long word for re bond maintenance or refuse or something sounding way more technical than it deserves to be
I'm happy wearing my thinner skin which my hairdresser said should be 300 but sold to me for 240.00
anyway if I weren't with my current hairdresser it would probably be toplace
enjoy the second chance of looking the best you can be and the confidence it breathes back through you