Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To go with larger topper or full cap?...
12-07-2015, 07:10 PM,
To go with larger topper or full cap?...
I have been wearing toppers for about 6 or 7 years now and I have noticed that my hair is thinning a little more around where my piece attaches. I am contemplating just getting a topper that's a little larger perimeter or going with a full cap. How hard is it to go from topper to full cap?... I wear a longer hairstyle (Elvis 70's) and just wondering about the change. Any thoughts or opinions?....
Hey John, Do you have any stock full caps that could do an Elvis style?...
12-09-2015, 01:01 AM,
RE: To go with larger topper or full cap?...
Hi Elvis,
Sorry but we do not carry stock full cap units. There's just too many things that have to be just right in order to make a full cap look good--in other words it needs to be custom made. The temple recession, the sideburns, the position of the ears, the whole shape of the unit....custom made is the only way it will look right. Many people have made the transition from topper to full cap without a hitch. (For newbies, a topper is a unit up to 8" x 10" that covers only the top of the head--the wearer still has his own hair on the back and sides. A full cap is a unit that covers the entire head--nape, sideburns...everything). And most full cap wearers say wearing a full cap is easier since you don't have to blend the hair length and hair color to your own hair.
The downside to a full cap is that so need to make sure that the attachment at the nape of the neck is secure but the movement of the next stresses the bond. It's a good idea to have 3/4" poly on the nape area to provide a good strong attachment.
Regards,
John