Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just order this sealer
11-20-2015, 06:20 AM,
just order this sealer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plaid-12-Ounce-P...SwPcVVpoeU

has anyone used this as a knot sealer? I read some good things about it on another forum.
11-23-2015, 02:15 PM,
RE: just order this sealer
Sonny. I do not it.

hulle6
12-08-2015, 01:39 PM,
Do not use this on a hair system. The best knot sealer I have found is made my the same people that make super tape. It's called "Knot My Problem" and it's made by true tape company. I've tried several knot sealers and I've found this one works the best for me.
12-22-2015, 02:52 AM,
(12-08-2015, 01:39 PM)crazyelvis3577 Wrote: Do not use this on a hair system. The best knot sealer I have found is made my the same people that make super tape. It's called "Knot My Problem" and it's made by true tape company. I've tried several knot sealers and I've found this one works the best for me.

I would not recommend "Knot my Problem". It clumped and matted the hairs on my unit. The nozzle also clogged within a month of opening rendering the remaining product unusable.
12-23-2015, 08:35 PM,
(12-22-2015, 02:52 AM)pelosin Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 01:39 PM)crazyelvis3577 Wrote: Do not use this on a hair system. The best knot sealer I have found is made my the same people that make super tape. It's called "Knot My Problem" and it's made by true tape company. I've tried several knot sealers and I've found this one works the best for me.

I would not recommend "Knot my Problem". It clumped and matted the hairs on my unit. The nozzle also clogged within a month of opening rendering the remaining product unusable.

Don't use the sprayer on it. On the "knot my problem" make sure you shake it up and when apply use a cotton ball to make sure you get minimal product. A little goes a long way. Just take the cap off hold a cotton ball right against the opening and turn the bottle upside down to get product on cotton ball. Using a cottonball guarntees you get minimal product. I have no problem with buildup or matting the hair or anything. I just know with any othe knot sealer like 'Top Loc" and such I've had more shedding. So "knot my problem" and my method of application works better for me. When you apply it you shouldn't even see product being applies. Put one coat, let it dry or use a hair dryer then put a second coat on and dry it. 2 coats and I'm good to go. You should only have to do this maybe once or twice a month.
12-24-2015, 09:33 AM,
(12-23-2015, 08:35 PM)crazyelvis3577 Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 02:52 AM)pelosin Wrote:

Don't use the sprayer on it. On the "knot my problem" make sure you shake it up and when apply use a cotton ball to make sure you get minimal product. A little goes a long way. Just take the cap off hold a cotton ball right against the opening and turn the bottle upside down to get product on cotton ball. Using a cottonball guarntees you get minimal product. I have no problem with buildup or matting the hair or anything. I just know with any othe knot sealer like 'Top Loc" and such I've had more shedding. So "knot my problem" and my method of application works better for me. When you apply it you shouldn't even see product being applies. Put one coat, let it dry or use a hair dryer then put a second coat on and dry it. 2 coats and I'm good to go. You should only have to do this maybe once or twice a month.

I did use cotton balls and still got bad results. I was much happier with the results from the spray acrylic sealer that the OP referenced. Mask off the hair that extends beyond the base as well any poly perimeter (if applicable), use a quick spray from a 6" distance and you are good to go. I only need to reapply every third washing, if that often.