Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing & It's Positive Impact. 3 Photos
11-07-2015, 01:10 AM,
Wearing & It's Positive Impact. 3 Photos
Just wondering how wearing has had a positive impact on your life.

Even though my piece is a very small hairline piece it made styling my hair much easier, the hours spent infront of a mirror.....the hour upon hour on hairloss foums.....gone.

So the most dramatic change is the fact I went to being obsessed with my hairloss to barely ever thinking about it.
11-09-2015, 11:37 AM,
RE: Wearing & It's Positive Impact.
It's great to hear that. Getting 'over the hump' is the hardest part. You're comfortable with yourself and I'm sure others are too.
12-03-2015, 05:07 AM,
(11-07-2015, 01:10 AM)davies75 Wrote: Just wondering how wearing has had a positive impact on your life.

Even though my piece is a very small hairline piece it made styling my hair much easier, the hours spent infront of a mirror.....the hour upon hour on hairloss foums.....gone.

So the most dramatic change is the fact I went to being obsessed with my hairloss to barely ever thinking about it.

Wow. A frontal piece. Could you post a pic? I have never seen a successful frontal piece posted online except for that korean youtube commercial, and .. Its a youtube commercial.

All i have seen before is young men posting about wantimg to get a thin frontal but no followup. My giess is that you have very think, high quality hair behind the system. I wore a partial once and my natural hair was too thin and contrasted quite a bit (at least for my liking..no1 else noticed)
01-16-2016, 01:07 AM,
Sorry for the delay I rarely come on here. Yes you are correct I have 'pretty' thick wavy hair that I mix in with my hairline piece infact my hairline piece is probably thinner than my real hair lol. I don't totally expose my hairline fully which probably helps. I'm not one to take pic's (infact i don't own a decen camera lol).

I could (with some work) not wear a piece, thanks to my wavy hair I can look like I have a great hairline but it would still be too high and it really doesnt look good to me ,so it bothers me....and yes I have thought about a HT but 9 years on since usuing a hairline piece I haven't had one

I think i have seen pic's on here someone ran his hairline piece into the receeding bit across the front it looked great, he had very thick hair though, maybe (like me and others) once they have their piece they think about their hair less and forget or simply dont want to post on forums.

I would imagine if the rest of your hair is thin it would be more difficult to pull off a hairline piece...if you search through the forum I'm sure you'll find some pic's of others with hairline pieces. Maybe ToplaceUSA knows some.
01-21-2016, 01:01 AM,
RE: Wearing & It's Positive Impact. Photo
We get more and more requests for frontal pieces. People see hair loss coming and they don't want to wait until it gets so bad that they need a complete topper. They want to be pro-active and want to lessen the transition. Here's a photo of a typical template. Other templates are just 'horse shoe shaped' and bring the hairline forward and fill in some temple recession. I'll check the archives and post photos of other frontal pieces.
Regards,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

01-21-2016, 08:55 AM,
Yeah mine is much smaller than the one you posted. Mine is really small, maybe one of the smallest on here???To give you an idea of how small its less than two air flex tapes in length. Sits infront of my hairline I brush it back but some of my hair naturally flops forward so not the entire hairline is exposed.

Toplace do a great job in making my piece. I simply cut the hairline piece out of the custome piece. I get 7-8 hairline pieces from one custom piece, once one hairline piece is cut out I wear it for about 6 weeks before too much shedding makes me change it, so I only need to order 1 a year. That and tape are my only expenses. I still use a bottle of lace release that I've had for years.
01-24-2016, 01:09 PM,
Here's an example of a person that decided to get a frontal partial unit. He has a good head of hair except for the very front. There are a lot of guys out there with this type of hair loss.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-24-2016, 01:11 PM,
.....and here's how he looks after the partial is attached. Of course he had to save the thin hair in front to accommodate the partial.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-30-2016, 12:17 AM,
RE: Wearing & It's Positive Impact. 3 Photos
So I assume he shaved his front? Looks good.

But I think earlytwenties post was refering to a piece that sits infront of your hairline....no shaving.

That what mine does.

I think someone on here did the same and posted pictures, I remember seeing it a couple of years ago...I think he might have been in a band if that rings any bells?
12-17-2017, 04:26 PM,
RE: Wearing & It's Positive Impact. 3 Photos
(01-21-2016, 08:55 AM)davies75 Wrote: Yeah mine is much smaller than the one you posted. Mine is really small, maybe one of the smallest on here???To give you an idea of how small its less than two air flex tapes in length. Sits infront of my hairline I brush it back but some of my hair naturally flops forward so not the entire hairline is exposed.

Toplace do a great job in making my piece. I simply cut the hairline piece out of the custome piece. I get 7-8 hairline pieces from one custom piece, once one hairline piece is cut out I wear it for about 6 weeks before too much shedding makes me change it, so I only need to order 1 a year. That and tape are my only expenses. I still use a bottle of lace release that I've had for years.

Hey, what is your method of cutting the hair ? Do you just order a SFS custom stock and cut that out ?