Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nair or tweezers?
11-05-2015, 04:06 PM,
RE: Nair or tweezers?
Ok, this sentence below has got to be wrong, I hope (I'm brand new to all of this):

"Unfortunately trippy's piece is made with synthetic hair, so the Nair method would have no effect." found here (about halfway down the thread): http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messa...TMP=Linear
11-05-2015, 04:37 PM,
its true....nair AND bleach would have no effect....is this what you purchased? you may have mentioned it, dont recall....but i'm assuming that this is a toplace stock, in which case its real human hair....should you have a completely synthetic hair system i dont think there is any way to bleach knots and you would have to start plucking away.
the knot left behind would fall off at one point or another
11-05-2015, 08:13 PM,
Hi again rw80..... time -difference between here and where you are means I`m only getting back to this now as I was sleeping ...... seems like ``lovehair`` has answered all of your other questions anyway....... very helpful he is too ..... again, just to repeat...be aware that you`re best off not to go for the ``finished / desired look`` initially ....some knots will be weakened by the Nair, but not enough so that they ` give` immediately ...but they will give way/fail over the next few days as you brush, so more hair will shed out , and the system will look thinner.
Don`t worry about the ` timing` ......Nair won`t damage the lace...... just take your time, and do a specific [small] area at a time, rather than trying to do the whole lot..
All Toplace systems are made with human hair...the only synthetic hair is gray..this is because if /when you want /need to color the hair, as it oxidises over time, the synthetic hair doesn`t ` take` color ..it remains gray ! .......best wishes with it ...wearing can be a steep learning-curve ..these early ` issues` you`re having are all part of the learning-curve and will help you to formulate your specs. for a custom-made system......all the best !
11-06-2015, 02:32 AM,
Hi guys, without people like you a lot of us would be screwed. I'm a fool. I'm embarrassed to admit how many hours I spent researching just that one aspect of thinning out density and creating a hairline. Never ran into that info regarding Nair and synthetic til late last evening. I bought elsewhere and was just using this message board to research. Very depressed. Thanks for your help
11-06-2015, 03:55 AM,
Don`t beat yourself up ..we`ve all spent hours reading, evaluating etc. when considering wearing ..... if you`re in a ` situation` with your current piece, maybe you could get away with a stock from Toplace? You say you bought elsewhere ..was it an all -synthetic system ? They never look good ..they reflect light differently to human hair and they tend to be obvious under flourescent lighting too..... and if the density is ` off`, you have a real problem as you just cannot thin them out like you can with real hair on a lace base ..... this is never plain -sailing for most of us at the start....persevere and you`ll be fine.