Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creating graduated hairline and lowering density of whole piece
11-05-2015, 05:31 AM,
creating graduated hairline and lowering density of whole piece
The whole thing is frustrating, seems as though each time I figure out how to accomplish one thing, then the next vital issue arises. I'm sure it's the same for most new wearers though.

When I cut into my stock lace piece I couldn't use the stock's hairline, so now after getting the cut-in, I have to figure how to add a realistic looking graduated hairline. Also, I didn't realize it until after the cut, at how badly the dark knots can be seen. It's a light brown stock unit and I would really like to thin out the density all over so that it looks more age appropriate. It's probably a dumb question, but should I expect to be able to see the dreaded dark knots all over the piece after lowering the density a bit? Or will the hairline be the only real noticeable place that screams "I'm wearing a wig!!"?

I'm also researching knot bleaching, but damn, looks like another trade-up again. If I happen to pick the right bleaching product, and it works decently, then you've got the issue of shedding, and maybe a lot of it. Hopefully some guys who have dealt with this already can give some advice.

Also, between using Nair or pulling individually with tweezers. which method do you guys prefer from your experience? For both creating a realistic looking hairline and for reducing density throughout the entire hairpiece. Thanks