Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good stylists in Ireland
10-20-2015, 01:13 AM,
Good stylists in Ireland
Hello Gents,

I am just new to this site and about to begin the journey down the rabbit hole. This forum makes everything so simple and easy to understand. It's great. I am about to order a front partial system.

I am currently in the south of Ireland and looking for a really good stylist. I don't mind travelling(within the country) as I feel it would be worth it just to be able to ask questions and gather more information for the first cut. I know this question has been asked on here before but I am still a little unsure of who's really good or who to stay away from including the stylists in the hair clinics.

Cheers guys
Looking forward to learning from everyone and taking 100% responsibility.
10-20-2015, 02:55 AM,
RE: Good stylists in Ireland
I know of one in Ballincollig, just a few kilometers west of Cork city.... I`ll have to contact someone who I know gets his systems cut-in by her and is very pleased...... if that`s of interest to you, let me know and I`ll get the contact -details.
10-20-2015, 03:16 AM,
Jesus that would be great mate. You seem extremely knowledgeable in this area looking through your posts which I have been soaking in the info. I like it..

What is your opinion also on the 2 main salons in Dublin (Evolve in Swords & JK-Hair in the city centre). I know they also do full systems and cut-in's but have not seen much feedback about their cutting or styling skills just for cut-in's.

Thks Brother !
10-20-2015, 08:14 AM,
I`ve texted that man ....he works 12-hour shifts....his phone was off when I rang it now.... when I hear from him I`ll post back here.........
I have experience of one of those places you mention, and also two others in the Harolds cross area of Dublin...... most salons [ not just in Ireland ] will generally only do cut-in`s if you buy the system from them, rather than independently. You`re best off to just go to a stylist nearabouts to where you live, if possible.......often , after the initial cut-in, you need to go back in a week or so, for ` tweaking` .....it`s best not to go for the ` finished look` on the initial visit..the hair needs time to settle down a bit...it`s best to leave it a little ` long` and see how it looks after a week of wearing /sleeping on it..... having to travel a long distance is just a hassle.
I`ll post here tomorrow evening and hopefully I`ll have something for you then....regards.
10-20-2015, 04:17 PM,
An absolute Gent !

I owe you a few drinks next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Yes I totally agree about a close stylist, that is also good advice I have not heard before in regarding not going for finished look on the initial cut.

How was your experience with one of the places I mentioned in Dublin and also the two in Harolds Cross. If I was ever stuck in Dublin would be good to know a location that can do a good job even if it means paying a little extra.

Cheers !
10-22-2015, 07:22 AM,
Hi again .. I was waiting to hear from the guy, but so far, silence....if it comes to it , I can arrange for my own stylist if you wish...she does house-calls now which suits me better than going into a [possibly] busy salon...... it wouldn`t be a problem ..just arranging a time /day..... I`m 14 miles east of Cork...
The places in Dublin were ok-ish .....it`s too far to be travelling to, on a regular basis for me .... most of those ` salons` want to to buy their systems and then come back once a month for removal / cleaning and rebonding..... I couldn`t possibly leave any system on my head for that duration.....it`s not healthy /hygienic......
The salons usually have a number of staff..some are more skilled than others...it`s a bit like going to an ` ordinary` barbers/ stylist place --if they have a number of staff, you`ll usually find a ` favourite` person..one who gives you a ` look` which pleases you.
Give it a few days, and if I don`t hear from that guy, I`ll let you know.
10-22-2015, 08:35 AM,
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the update and your advice.I am actually over in Clare just outside Limerick my friend.. But always willing to travel if need be.
10-22-2015, 09:39 AM,
BTW have you ever come across any places that could help with templates. I am doing my first one for a partial system but would kind of like to have it perfect. Again I don't mind travelling or paying to get it right for first time learning experience.
10-23-2015, 02:25 AM,
Still not heard from that guy [doubt if I will now]
If you`re only getting a partial, that would /should be no bother at all for any stylist /barber in your area [save you ` travelling` ] --- how large /small is it / will it be approx.?
Template-making is simple enough..can be frustrating too, but a partial should be no real issue for you... I reckon the easiest way for anyone who wants to wear only a partial, is to make a ` full` topper-template and then simply mark and trim-out the required-area from that, rather than trying to `` model`` a relatively small strip of material on the front of your head /temples.
There are videos on `Youtube` showing templates being made..... there`s no ` magic` in it whatsoever..anyone can make a template..just needs a bit of patience and time.
Plenty good vids. here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...m+template
10-28-2015, 12:32 AM,
No worries Paul. I appreciate all the help and advice you have given me.