Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Timer A couple questions Need opinions! Photos
11-07-2015, 03:15 PM,
RE: First Timer A couple questions Need opinions! Photos
Beyond excited. My system is arriving tomorrow morning!!! And just in time for the weekend too. Thank you so much for all your help - I got the Got2B glue and am going to try it as soon as I tear the box open tomorrow. I'll post some photos once I get the system cut in and have figured out how to position it just right. So so so excited. Like a kid in a candy store right now Smile
11-08-2015, 02:52 PM,
Hey Paul...what is your attachment process using GTBG on lace?? I tried it once but without any good results. Thanks !!
11-08-2015, 08:27 PM,
Be interested to read how it goes for you blue ....give it a gentle wash /soak in a basin of lukewarm water to which you`ve added a little shampoo..this will help remove factory-residues and excess color..... don`t worry if the water turns a dark hue ...this is normal.Blot it dry, brush the hair and sit it to dry naturally..this will help the hair to relax a bit, and lose some of the `bounce`.
Silverstreak: What were your issues ? Like most things in this game, it`s a matter of ` experimenting` ... you need enough of a depth for the lace to ` sit into` , but spreading it on too thickly can mean some will go through the lace and solidify so the hair will look ` lumpy` --the beauty of Got2b is if you go ` wrong` , you can simply hop into the shower and let the water at it...it will all wash out / away in a few minutes ..no shampoo needed. no alcohols/ solvents.....no need for reams of kitchen towel, microfiber cloths etc........ dry the system and start again.....
I generally smear it on at a depth of , maybe , a millimeter.....remember too --it tends to stick/ hold better to stubble, rather than just bare scalp-skin....the opposite is true for ` normal` system glues ..they need clean dry bare skin to adhere properly.... I find that say, the front hairline.....I spread it on so it`s ` outside` the edge of the lace ....I can just go around that area with a damp cloth, wiping away any which is just onto bare forehead-skin.....same is true if you happen to get any onto the hair itself..just ` catch` those affected-hairs in a clump with a damp cloth and pull /draw the cloth ` out` from the system, and it`ll come off the hair ..... with ` normal` glues, if you get any onto the hair, you`re making real work for yourself trying to get it off without pulling hair out or snapping it off ....
It has it`s uses, but also limitations...it will not hold if you go swimming or sweat profusely, but for a new wearer, it really is SO easy and ` clean` to work with.....positioning -on a system seems to give most people problems at the start ...with Got2b, you can easily ` adjust` / tweak the position of the system whilst it`s still wet..... I normally wait a few minutes after spreading it on, before placing the system on, so it`s beginning to ` cure`.....
11-09-2015, 01:52 AM,
Thanks Paul....Im a daily wearer and it would be great if I can get it to work. Will give it another try !!!
02-02-2016, 09:46 AM,
how are you liking your new system?
02-05-2016, 12:24 PM,
i would second that.......... got to be glued is by far the best thing.. as a perfectionist it allows me to readjust without any hassle until my unit looks perfect. i wash my unit ever other day and i make my units last 10+ months...fading co lour and rough texture can always be dealth with haircolour and softener products.... i have been wearing hair since 2008.. and in my exp a slightly rough texture helps achieve styles easily .. brand new hair are just to sliky and always fall flat... and the picture of your style you want is very easily achievable. that is now afyer 7 years of wearing... so yes the elder in the forum have advised you good... go easy on the first time ...
02-08-2016, 08:41 PM,
I personally use Got2B Ultra Glue for the top and perimeter, with ORWG for my hairline, with a solid week to week and a half hold with minimal touch up. Honestly, my front hairline, since I wear it exposed, is the most maintenance.

I'm pretty open around these parts with pics, lemme know if you're interested in Facebook/Forum posts with pics.
12-22-2016, 10:08 AM,
Is there any update from the wearer at this point?
12-23-2016, 03:56 AM,
Sorry--nothing has been posted yet.
12-23-2016, 05:33 AM,
Does anyone have or know anything about, a full hairpiece with 2foot long hair? Straight dark hair and parted in middle. Realistic look? Manageable? Durable? Etc