Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin for Full cap advice
09-23-2015, 09:01 AM,
Skin for Full cap advice
I am thinking of going to a thin skin for my full Caps. I have thought about a poly around the edges for daily removal. Also I don't understand attaching with got2b glued don't know which to get. Any ideas / tips appreciated. I would like to go with the hairstyle that 5 month pics posts.

Macmike Hughes
09-25-2015, 09:29 AM,
RE: Skin for Full cap advice
French lace is by far our most popular material for a full cap unit. For newbies: a full cap is a unit that covers the entire head and includes sideburns, nape of the necek, etc. Some people automatically think that thin skin is warm. But once people try it they realize it's not the case. We have customers in warm climates such as New Mexico that order nothing but thin skin units. The benefit of using thin skin is that you can attach with 'Got 2 B Glued Spiking Glue' for a short term hold up to 3-5 days. Daily removal is not a problem. Another benefit of G2BG is that is is water soluble so you just rinse it off with water. Clean up is a snap. So if you went with a thin skin unit or a lace unit with poly on the back and sides you could use G2BG for daily attachment. You can use G2BG on the lace front of a unit too. You use it at the perimeter of a unit just like you would tape or glue. You can get it at Target, Walmart, local drug store, etc. Using a thin skin or a lace unit with poly on the back or sides gets down to being a matter of personal choice. Both are great. And if you're a daily remover then G2BG is the easiest adhesive to use for attachement. With a full cap it's important to get poly on the back for sure and the sides too. Reason: the movement of your neck in a full cap will put stress on the bond. People wearing a topper don't have that issue since there is no movement in the area that a topper covers.
Regards,
John