Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin questions for Johnny (New Mexico)
08-05-2013, 09:33 AM,
Skin questions for Johnny (New Mexico)
Johnny

John said you are a skin expert... ive worn last for 20 years and considering switching over.

Can you comment on a few things?
(1) I run marathons, how will the Got2beglue hold up under heavy sweat? will it hold if i switch every few days?

(2) ever wear skin w lace front?

(3) how does skin front look vs lace? do you have to hide it or can it be exposed some (i.e. in the corner at a part etc)?

(4) does skin hair comb as easily as lace? i have heard they arent as manageable

(5) what is the process for the got2bglue? put on system wet and place system and just let it dry? have always done tape bone on perimeter and glue in lace front...

thanks for any tips...
08-05-2013, 01:11 PM,
RE: Skin questions for Johnny (New Mexico)
I don't know about being an expert , but will try to help you.

(1) Never a marathon but do work , repairs residential , 100 * temps, I switch everyday with G2BG plus tape and get a pretty good hold.
(2) NO ....nothing but all skins, no lace, too much trouble with lace , too many issues !
(3) Get good front with skins, kinda semi-exposed.
(4)V-Loop that I wear , combs like natural hair !
(5) Damp hair after shower , tape for security, down the center of scalp, plus G2BG Spiking Spray , mixed with G2BG Rubber Cement ! Gives me a good hold...I remove and attach everyday.

Hope this helps.

johnny/albuqerque
08-06-2013, 01:23 PM,
Thanks johnny. Are there multiple options when ordering a skin? Ie vloop vs some other option? What is standard looping if you order a toplace skin?

Is the .03 thickness better than .06?

Finally not sure i understand how you combine the got2bglue spray and the cement you mention...

How do you release and clean the system?

Im only familiar w lace.

Thanks for the tips.
08-11-2013, 02:22 AM,
Runner,
I know of 3 ventings of skins:
Vloop
Knots
Injection
I prefer a thicker skin than .03 ...like .06 to .09.
At times after spraying both surfaces with the G2BG Freeze spray, I add their Rubber Cement and pat my scalp to a sticky consistancy . And also use tape at times, never on an .03!!!
An .03 unit , very carefully with sometimes injecting 91% alcohol under a knicked raised edge.
A thicker , I just peel off.

johnny
09-15-2015, 07:06 AM,
johnny. long time since this chat. can i tell me difference between injection and vloop in terms of how the hair acts? i have my first skin 0.6 w injection. curious about vloop and 0.3.