Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Timer looking for advice..
09-11-2015, 03:42 AM,
First Timer looking for advice..
Hello everyone,
little background- started losing hair around the age of 21. Now 23 my temples are very receded. I have a small thin spot in the crown but not enough to really be too noticeable right now. I tried rogain for 8 months, it did lessen the shedding but started making my face look sunken in. Also tried propecia for just under a year, shedding increased dramatically the first month of use and never stopped. That along with a severe drop in libido caused me to drop it. Now, it looks like im out of options aside from a HT or hairpiece. Im settling with the latter of the two.

Most of the hair on top of my head is still thick and somwhat healthy, so id like to just start off with a partial piece for the hairline. I am not sure which to use tho, a lace or thin skin. I have longer hair, maybe about 6 inches long right now all over. I grow it over the receded hairline to disguise it right now, and it works. So my hairlne wont really ever be too exposed. Ive heard people saying lace can be seen in bright lights and the knots are never dyed right etc.. so I was leaning towards thin skin. Can I have just a hairline piece made from thin skin though? Also im not sure which glues to use? Was leaning towards ORWG since alot of people seem to like it. Just looking for some thoughts and suggestions. Lurked on here for a while and finally decided to join all you awesome haired fellas. Lol

Kyle
09-11-2015, 02:14 PM,
RE: First Timer looking for advice..
Read the 3rd post down..."Keen to get a piece"... may help you.
09-12-2015, 08:49 AM,
There are positive and negative points with various base-materials. Small partial pieces can be a bit ` fiddly` to work with.
Usually they do an ok job with the knots at the front because that`s usually the most visible.... hair is injected or can be V-looped into skin systems...the ` look` can be different than with lace...you can style /train hair on a lace base a little more easily., especially if you order ` freestyle`.
I can`t imagine you`d have very long hair on your front hairline ? Just that with very long hair, a thin skin may not be able to carry the ` weight` of very long hair. Some people complain that their hairline isn`t ` right` with skin systems compared to lace ..it`s a matter of individual taste I guess.
When it comes to glues /tapes [and I reckon glue would be best for your needs] it`s a matter of trial and error... what works well for one, may not be so good for the next person ..it depends on many ` local` factors.....but having said that , ORWG seems to be recommended by many wearers . Kind regards.
09-14-2015, 06:19 AM,
best thing I ever did,(5 years wearing now) yeah its hellishly worrying, in you're head only,
but the payback is so so so worth it,
and bonding debonding, touch ups arnt rocket science and are a learning curve but but once you know how its second nature.
enjoy looking 10 years younger
and feeling a million dollars, euros,ect..........
09-16-2015, 11:45 AM,
(09-14-2015, 06:19 AM)antywanty Wrote: best thing I ever did,(5 years wearing now) yeah its hellishly worrying, in you're head only,
but the payback is so so so worth it,
and bonding debonding, touch ups arnt rocket science and are a learning it curve but but once yhow its second nature.
enjoy looking 10 years younger
and feeling a million dollars, euros,ect..........

Thank you all for the feedback. Good community here. I really just want to have the most realistic hairline possible. I mean I know my hair falls over my forhead anyway, but it seems like you cant have long hair without SOME damn chick wanting to play with it and run their hands through it. I dont even like it being touched now, let alone when I have a piece on. Thats why I am confused on what the better choice would be. I am only 24, and workout like a banshee (no i dont juice) and have always been considered attractive (with hair of course) and so i dont have a gf i just have quite a few FWB and one night stands. Im just worried that it will be detectable. Does anyone feel like wearing limits what they can do? Work out hard, swimming, riding motorcycle without a helmet? And idk if anyone is familiar with things like the spartan race/tough mudder, but I do those almost religiously and im a little worried the piece would be destroyed during any of these activities.