Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment Positioning
08-14-2015, 10:10 AM,
Attachment Positioning
I've been wearing for a few weeks now, and have just done my third re-attachment and it is shocking. The back is lifting already, and I'm going to have to do it all again tomorrow. Pretty certain it is overlapping my own hair at one point.

What am I doing wrong? Any tips for getting the positioning spot on?

Thanks
08-14-2015, 10:59 PM,
RE: Attachment Positioning
Hi TestItOut,
If it's overlapping your hair there could be two reasons. First, the unit is too far back on your head. It needs to be positioned more toward the front of your head so that there is no overlap. Second, the unit could be properly postioned but you made the template too long causing the overlap in back. Tip: before attaching your unit to your head position it exactly where you want it without glue or tape. Once you have it where you want it take small pieces of tape and stick them to your forehead at the edge of the hair system. This will serve as a guide to position your piece once you apply glue or tape. Once you have attach the system remove the tape. If you do this and there is still overlap then you know that your hair system is too long and you need to adjust the template. If this is the case and you're otherwise satiisfied with the template (width is o.k. and the front curvature is o.k.) then there's no need to make a new temlate. Just tell us to reduce the length of the existing template by 1/4" or 1/2" or whatever you want. The factory will make the adjustment and there is no need to instruct them again until you want to make a change (over time the bald area increases in size). If you're not satisified with your template--either width or front curvature--it's time to make a new one. The template is important. It's worth the effort to get it right so you can look your best. Good luck!
Regards,
John
http:www//toplace.com/