Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming with piece on (photos)
08-14-2015, 09:18 AM,
Swimming with piece on (photos)
I'm finally going to learn to swim and I have concerns what the chlorine and chemicals in the baths or the sea will do to the hair

Will it dry the hair out? Loosen the base etc?

Obviously I'm going to ensure that the attachment is solid but can anyone advise what I should do to protect the quality of the hair etc?

Thanks
08-26-2015, 08:13 AM,
RE: Swimming with piece on
wear a swimming cap that's what i have done in the pool the chlorine not good for the hair you should not have any problem with attachment i use orwg without a problem. found the salt in the sea will dry the hair out so your need a good leave conditioner afterwards and some colour conditioner as well.
09-01-2015, 03:36 PM,
I recently spent a month vacation in St. Pete Florida, and was torn on the salt water. While I never fully submerged, naturally my hair got somewhat wet/damp and I didn't have a problem. I detached, shampood (I use RemySoft), and reattached (ORWG for front and Got2B Ultra (not tape) for the rest) once per week and it was fine.

The humidity there actually made my hair look great, wavy, and shiny (even if it felt kinda bad). I also used PPI Enhance and Argan Oil, along with a cold blow dryer in the morning to refresh the look. Your mileage may vary, no hair loss. If anything the SUN did the most damage, had to get a color when I got back.

Swimming pools... I think that's dangerous no matter how you look at it, even with a cap. In my pool I'd be okay, I'm pretty light on the chemicals, but I wouldn't ever go under in a public pool (where you come out smelling like a chemical lab).

I've attached a few of the rougher looking pics from my trip, and one where I got rained on.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-02-2015, 08:04 AM,
(09-01-2015, 03:36 PM)travbjork Wrote: I recently spent a month vacation in St. Pete Florida, and was torn on the salt water. While I never fully submerged, naturally my hair got somewhat wet/damp and I didn't have a problem. I detached, shampood (I use RemySoft), and reattached (ORWG for front and Got2B Ultra (not tape) for the rest) once per week and it was fine.

The humidity there actually made my hair look great, wavy, and shiny (even if it felt kinda bad). I also used PPI Enhance and Argan Oil, along with a cold blow dryer in the morning to refresh the look. Your mileage may vary, no hair loss. If anything the SUN did the most damage, had to get a color when I got back.

Swimming pools... I think that's dangerous no matter how you look at it, even with a cap. In my pool I'd be okay, I'm pretty light on the chemicals, but I wouldn't ever go under in a public pool (where you come out smelling like a chemical lab).

I've attached a few of the rougher looking pics from my trip, and one where I got rained on.

Thanks for the replies guys

Well the first time I went in the pool I wore a rubber cap so I was well protected despite feeling that I looked like a jerk!

However the next time I took a dip I had a nylon cap on which of course wasn't waterproof and I've noticed my hair is somewhat dry

I think I'll continue to look like a jerk when I return to the pool !!