Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corn starch as red tone remover and dry shampoo
07-27-2015, 04:02 AM,
Corn starch as red tone remover and dry shampoo
Sometimes when I need 1 more day from my attachment and my and system hair is already greasy, I apply corn starch so the hair doesn't look greasy anymore.

My hair is light ash brown/blonde, so you can imagine that even when the custom system is brand new, the color is off in some lighting conditions - has too much red tones in it. A few months later it gets even more red.

What I've noticed is that this makes my hair blend so well with the system hair. Back2natural never even came close to how this removed the appearance red tones.

Has anybody tried this before?
07-30-2015, 12:32 AM,
RE: Corn starch as red tone remover and dry shampoo
Hi Sopososo,
I've heard of that before. And others have had the same positive results. On your next order it's a good idea to specify 'no red tones' on your order. The factory will then use a 'duller' hair color that is closer to ash tones.
Best,
John
http://toplace.com/
07-31-2015, 01:26 PM,
That's really interesting. I have the save red tone problem. How did you discover this? And how do you apply the cornstarch? I am guessing this is something you'd need to repeat every day or two or three?
09-07-2015, 12:08 PM,
Please can you elaborate? I'm suffering from some red tones right now and this seems like it could help a ton.
09-09-2015, 11:20 AM,
(09-07-2015, 12:08 PM)Jimmyneutron Wrote: Please can you elaborate? I'm suffering from some red tones right now and this seems like it could help a ton.

Yea... im gonna try that on my red tones too !. My ex--wife used to use corn starch like a dry shampoo. All she did was dip her brush right in the starch and begin brushing her hair. It just absorbed the oils in her hair between washings. I assume its the same process for us.
09-29-2015, 07:28 PM,
Hey, sorry for the late response. I apply it with my fingers, I put some starch on my index finger and thumb and then just apply it on strands, starting from the base and moving to the tip, then I comb through the hair. Be careful not to apply too much at a time, just do it in slow steps.

@dino-saur I found about this when reading about natural dry shampoos. there is an option to add cocoa powder to the corn starch for darker hair as this really puts an ash tone to the hair.
I don't know how freequently you'd have to apply this as I only do it on my last day.