Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iLace Repair
07-20-2015, 03:37 AM,
iLace Repair
Hi. I'm currently rocking my first iLace system, which incidentally is the best I've had. Trouble is its getting a little thin near the crown, which is making the join between the iLace island and the SFS a little visible under certain lighting.

Question is, is it possible to repair/add hair to an iLace system within the island? I've only had this 3 months and think there's still a lot of life left in it yet. Just wondered if something could be done where it's thinning a little?

Thanks in advance.
07-24-2015, 08:55 AM,
RE: iLace Repair
Hi Bollo,
Glad to hear that you like the unit. You can add hair to French lace or Super Fine Swiss lace (SFS). But Ilace is a different story. Since ILace is hair that is 'sandwiched' between two layers of lace hair cannot be added to it. It can only be done when the unit is being made.
Regards,
John
07-26-2015, 07:13 PM,
Hi John...... that's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming.

Another question if I can;

Is it possible to order my custom iLace system with less SFS lace around the back and side, increasing the area of the iLace. Reason being is that my template is quite small, and with the density being lower around the crown, the join between the iLace island and the SFS lace is quite near to the crown, and can be visible in certain lights. So just wondered if the iLace area could be made a little bigger around the back and sides?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again
07-27-2015, 01:33 AM,
Hi Bollo,
Yes, you can make the SFS any size you want. These are custom hand-made units so we will make anything that you want. So, for example, your instructions might be 'extend the ILace back 1" while maintaining the length of the unit.''
Thanks,
John
07-27-2015, 07:17 AM,
Brilliant. I'll get my order in while the offers still on. Cheers John Smile