Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keen to get a piece, just not sure where to start. (pics)
06-17-2015, 03:51 AM,
Keen to get a piece, just not sure where to start. (pics)
Hey guys.

Long story short:
- hair is beginning to be an absolute mess.
- have been going with the "justin beiber" kind of sweep to the side for quite a while now, but its even getting too bad for that.
- my sides are bad
- been on propecia for 6 years and i think its finally starting to lose the fight

Tried a full cap about 5 years ago and i couldn't get it to look good, ordered way too thick etc.

Was hoping I could somehow make this work, what is the best way to go about it?
Do i go for 2 little triangles at the front to fill in the hairline (which i am not to keen on because that whole area is thinning out bad), or do i shave off just the front and replace that, or even more for a full topper?

I just dont know what to do!

Attached Files Image(s)

06-20-2015, 04:07 PM,
RE: Keen to get a piece, just not sure where to start.
Hi Dale,
You're a long way from a full cap. I know it's painful to see hair loss. It looks like more of a temple recession issue. I suggest a long narrow piece that would go from temple to temple and bring the hairline forward slightly. This would add fullness to your hair and allow you keep your own hair. If more is needed in the future you can always get a larger unit. But this is a good place to start.
Regards,
John
06-22-2015, 08:32 PM,
John, sounds like a good idea to start me off.

Made a template, is this kind of template fine to send in?

Cheers, Dale

Attached Files Image(s)

06-24-2015, 11:55 PM,
Yes, that's perfect. Please send it in along with a hair sample and we'll get going on it. Thanks.
09-08-2015, 03:34 PM,
I'm actually in a similar situation and had a couple questions about this kind of template.

I was wondering how this type of piece is supposed to integrate with your existing hair, particularly in the front. I don't believe there has been any recession in the front, only the temple area has been affected.

Also, would dying/bleaching my hair, along with the piece, make it easier to blend?