Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft bonding vs hard bonding
06-05-2015, 06:55 PM,
Soft bonding vs hard bonding
Hello All,

Couple questions about what my stylist refers to as soft and hard bonding.

I am guessing that most users here who do their own maintenance all "soft bond" in that they use tapes and/or glue that holds between 5 days to 2 weeks depending on the person, but lets talk about hard bonding for a sec:

- what bases can you hard bond to? My guess is poly is best, next comes thin skin, then French lace. Swiss lace wearers probably mostly use ORWG at the hairline so hardbonding is out - plus it might be too fragile.

- what are some hard bonding glues? How long do you get a good hold with said glues? I believe that all in one stylists who sell Hair Club for Men type packages all hardbond since they want to show how carefree and easy it is to wear hair and take care of all the maintainence and de/bonding themselves - but not too frequently.

Any other comments on long term bonding? At the moment i take the easy route with G2B even though i have all the expensive glues and tapes on hand - i just like how hassle free it is. The main disadvantages are that I avoid profuse sweating and am terrified of rain. I need to practice other bonding methods when i have backup pieces on hand just in case of tearing. I dont like tapes that much either because of the prep time it takes me plus the shine you can see through your hair (SFS base).

What i want is tips from the guys here who swim, have sweaty workouts, and maybe even wrestle although i know thats asking a lot from a hairpiece.

Thanks