Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davlyn Removal
07-18-2009, 06:15 PM,
Davlyn Removal
One of my friends gave me an old HCM piece of his. It's not an exact match to my hair, slightly less curly, but with gel it works well.

I used a double-edge safety razor to do my cut-in - perfect. (Gillette Super Adjustable loaded with a Super Iridium, if anyone is interested Big Grin)

I tried NS-5000PX along the perimeter of the toupee and stuck it on. The hold was decent until my following shower, after which I could simply peel the piece off my head without a prob.

So I went with Davlyn glue next - no tape whatever - and, wow, is the hold insane; I inadvertently glued a bit of the hair to my forehead, and it's still stuck there.

Onto my question:

Do you need the specific Davlyn remover (cited on the back of the glue) or does 90%+ alcohol remove it?

This stuff provides an insane hold! Any tape on par?
07-18-2009, 07:23 PM,
Re: Davlyn Removal
Hi

Just a quick one.

what davlyn did you use?

I am a stylist in th uk and one of my clients brought a big bottle in.
It is very good.
I am trying to get hold of some for him as he bought it in th USA.
I rang the provider in the USA and asked if i could buy from them in bulk but they won't supply to the UK

I think you can buy red, black and green strength?
what colour did you use and where did you buy it from, do you know where to get all 3 strenths?

if i was you i would use an oil type solvent, here in the UK i use Max Remove im sure you can buy it from most hair sites.
Debbie will have a product like that for you.

Happy hair days

Jo
07-18-2009, 07:45 PM,
I didn't know there were multiple strengths; this one contains black print on a clear bottle.
07-22-2009, 03:42 AM,
the xt-57 is the one to buy. its on my site. It is the strongest , best one. its an awesome hold similar to ultra hold. it does contain toluene like ultra hold.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
07-22-2009, 03:43 AM,
you can usse 99% alcohol or lace releaser to release and pure adhesive remover (or any oil based glue remover) to clean from scalp. you do not need the specific davlyn one.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->