Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylist claims: de/rebond every 1-2 months and systems last 6 months. How?
05-06-2015, 09:28 AM,
Stylist claims: de/rebond every 1-2 months and systems last 6 months. How?
Hello,

As I'm sure most do, my local stylist sells his services and own hair systems in an annual package for $2,500. I do not know how that price differs depending on the type of base and other specs because I haven't gotten into specifics with him. The $2500 include just 2 systems, cut-in and de/rebonding services as well as any hair system maintenance that has to be done during the year. Also, additional hair systems are $200 dollars each after the base $2500 for his services and 2 systems, but he claims to be used to making 2 systems last each client a whole year and his bonding last up to 2 months without lifting.

So my question to you guys is, other than you opinion on this package that is offered by the stylist, what kind of hair system is supposed to last 6 months, and how on earth do you get it to last 1-2 months attached on your head without having to restrengthen the bonding in between?

Hint: I believe he uses mostly french laces. And I think it was a glue he said he used to achieve such a long lasting bond.
05-07-2015, 08:19 AM,
RE: Stylist claims: de/rebond every 1-2 months and systems last 6 months. How?
super glue...or hard bond most likely and lace pieces can last 6 months easily if not constantly cleaned from the rebond process
05-07-2015, 09:30 AM,
2 months glued to my head would drive me absolutely NUTS !!!! Thats just me. Talk to some of his clients see what they say.
05-07-2015, 12:59 PM,
SilverStreak,

He keeps his clients private. It is a nice studio built off the side of his home.

I supposed there must be glues that last that long. I just wonder what effects it will have to a swiss lace that I want to expose the hairline of. I am currently leaning towards a clear glue or white glue for the hairline with tape at the back.

Side note: I am getting my first toplace partial system cut in by him in two days (!!!) and I am beyond nervous. I also will be seeing people this same weekend which makes me doubly nervous since I wont have time to get used to hair wearing for myself to begin with.
05-09-2015, 07:13 AM,
I agree with SilverStreak. That would drive me crazy. Hair Club does these 'hard bonds' and I always thought it was unsanitary to keep a unit on your head that long. The scalp gets 'itchy' going that long without a cleaning. That's why Hair Club sells a product called 'Alive.' 'Alive' is an organic cleanser/enzyme that cleans the crud that accumulates on your scalp resulting from going weeks and weeks without removing your hair system and properly cleaning your scalp. You squirt the liquid through the hair system base while the system is attached, therefore not interferring with the 'hard bond.' I get itchy just thinking about it.
Regards,
John
05-09-2015, 09:16 AM,
Good luck to you....keep us posted on your experience.