Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is easier, dying a piece or your natural hair?
04-24-2015, 09:35 AM,
What is easier, dying a piece or your natural hair?
Question in title. Thanks in advanced.
04-26-2015, 04:39 AM,
RE: What is easier, dying a piece or your natural hair?
Hi EarlyTwenties,
When dying a hair system you need to be careful not to get the dye on the lace. If you do it will stain the lace. It's important to use only small amounts of dye so that it doesn't run onto the lace. Some people who are not careful prefer to pin the hair system to a styrofoam head, turn it upside down, and them dye the hair so that any excess dye runs downward (away from the base) onto newspaper below. So dying your own hair is easier.
Regards
John
05-15-2015, 12:23 PM,
RE: What is easier, dying a piece or your natural hair?
I use Loreal products and the process I learned was from a woman who owns a wig store. She sprays the lace with sizing that you use for ironing clothes. She then dries it. Sprays again, then dries it. Then she use spray starch (heavy) for clothes, then dries it. She then squeezed the hair color onto the wider teeth of a regular man's comb, and gently combs it through the hair starting in the center and working to the sides, front and back. Use a foam head covered with saran wrap, and secure with a couple of pieces of tape.

I've been doing this for 2 years, and never got any dye into the lace. Obviously, wear plastic gloves and never touch the piece on the lace side. When done after about 20-25 minutes, gently lift the hairpiece and rinse by rinsing from the bottom sides of the piece towards the hair, not through the hair to the lace.