Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do toppers have a higher success rate than partials in terms of blending?
04-20-2015, 04:01 PM,
do toppers have a higher success rate than partials in terms of blending?
Hello All,

I am a prospective wearer who has frontal recession only. I see a lot of recommendations to people like me to "just design a partial", but I suspect that partials are harder to get right in terms of blending with your natural compared to toppers, especially when ordering online.

My points:

1. Hairsystem hair may just have a higher quality look to it than your natural hair, so the top of your head may look odd. I've read comments from the few partial wearers here than without product in their hair, you can tell the difference between the natural further behind the hairline and the system in front. For example, your real hair may be dried out all the time or start to look sickly after a certain length while this is not the case for hair system hair.

2. The color matching may be slightly off. This may be countered, again, by using wetter product when styling. But, more so, I have seen a lot of posters saying that they dye their hair (or piece) to get a perfect match.

3. Besides a contrast in the quality of piece and natural hair, the system hair may behave differently than your natural hair. I think the term is called venting.

Altogether, the question that I'm asking is: does it make sense to just go the topper route instead since a contrast in hair quality/exact color is not as important between top and back/sides since those are trimmed shorter and facing a different direction (vented downwards?)

I'd like to hear from people who only had partial recession but still used a topper. Or others with the same dilehma but had success with just a partial. This post was inspired by the lack of partial hair system success stories found online. I've found a lot of threads helping others make their partial templates, but very little "my first hairline partial cut in results look great!" posts.
08-28-2015, 03:18 AM,
RE: do toppers have a higher success rate than partials in terms of blending?
(04-20-2015, 04:01 PM)EarlyTwenties Wrote: Hello All,

I am a prospective wearer who has frontal recession only. I see a lot of recommendations to people like me to "just design a partial", but I suspect that partials are harder to get right in terms of blending with your natural compared to toppers, especially when ordering online.

My points:

1. Hairsystem hair may just have a higher quality look to it than your natural hair, so the top of your head may look odd. I've read comments from the few partial wearers here than without product in their hair, you can tell the difference between the natural further behind the hairline and the system in front. For example, your real hair may be dried out all the time or start to look sickly after a certain length while this is not the case for hair system hair.

2. The color matching may be slightly off. This may be countered, again, by using wetter product when styling. But, more so, I have seen a lot of posters saying that they dye their hair (or piece) to get a perfect match.

3. Besides a contrast in the quality of piece and natural hair, the system hair may behave differently than your natural hair. I think the term is called venting.

Altogether, the question that I'm asking is: does it make sense to just go the topper route instead since a contrast in hair quality/exact color is not as important between top and back/sides since those are trimmed shorter and facing a different direction (vented downwards?)

I'd like to hear from people who only had partial recession but still used a topper. Or others with the same dilehma but had success with just a partial. This post was inspired by the lack of partial hair system success stories found online. I've found a lot of threads helping others make their partial templates, but very little "my first hairline partial cut in results look great!" posts.

Not sure if i'm the right person to answer or not. I have thinning forelock and recession. The rest of my hair I've grown out and is thick and wavy. All I do is use a hairline piece that lowers my hairline and thickens the front, this would be hard to pull off (ahem) unless I grew my hair out or had thinner hair.

I don't use any gel just a bit of hairspray and I sometimes can't even tell whats my hair of the fake hair lol. Granted when attached my piece makes up probably 3% of all the hair on my head so it would be hard for it to look bad. With a larger piece I would imagine a little product in the hair would look more natural.

Each person is different I've seen people with similair hairloss to me who have shaved some off and wear a larger piece. But I didn't want to do that and like to use a lot of my own hair.

Trial and error, and it depends on what your willing to do, I grew my hair do you want that or a shorter style? Are you willing to shave existing hair off because once youve done it, you'll either have to wear a piece or wait for your hair to grow back. Why not try a partial first see if you like it. There are plenty on here who just use 2 pieces to fill in recession, If you have a decent head of hair I would imagine 2 pieces filling in the recession would be a breeze to use and would look great.