Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Removing tape from poly!!!
02-26-2015, 02:06 AM,
Help - Removing tape from poly!!!
Hey guys. I need some quick help here. I am extremely sensitive to tapes and my body chemistry breaks down glues quickly. But I started using a scalp protector and it's worked great. Increased my bonding time substantially. So I decided to try a tape attachment on the poly sides and back of my unit. Which worked great. I had a week's hold no problem and I probably could have gotten a lot longer with no skin reaction. So I removed my piece today and I can't get the tape off the poly. It's stuck on there like a rock. I need advice on how to get this tape off so I can reattach today. I tried searching but didn't find anything helpful. Please help guys!
02-26-2015, 12:42 PM,
RE: Help - Removing tape from poly!!!
Just use the 'ol standby'---91% rubbing alcohol from you local drugstore. I have a small container with a screw on top with rubbing alcohol in my 'tool box.' Comes in so handy for many uses including removal and adjusting any 'wrinkles.'
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
02-26-2015, 04:22 PM,
Wait, you can adjust wrinkles in your skin unit? How? :O
02-26-2015, 08:13 PM,
AJ,

What tape are you using? I have been using only tape on poly for 26 years and have never had a problem removing it. I use Ultra Hold tape and replace the tape every 7 days. I don't use any product to remove it, just lift the edge and peel it off. Then I use alcohol to wipe the poly clean.

Oldwearer.
03-02-2015, 03:05 AM,
I soaked it with Lace Release, the 91% alcohol, then Autoglym and it was still stuck on there rock solid. I thought I was going to rip the poly when I finally was able to get a corer up and pull the pieces off. I'm not actually sure what tape it is. I bought it a year ago when I first started wearing but had such a bad reaction to all tapes that I never used it again until last week when I tried it with the scalp protector.
03-04-2015, 05:00 AM,
Speaking from experience, pulling tape off poly can rip the poly, depending on the brand of tape used.

If you don't mind using two layers of tape, first pu
t down a layer of red tape, and then a layer of your stickier tape on top of it.

To remove, just simply run a hair dryer around the perimeter over the tape. The heat will release the red tape adhesive and both layers will peel right off very easily.

Note that the heat trick doesn't work with the stickier tapes, I have experimented with them without a base layer of red tape, but works like a charm on red tape.
04-05-2015, 12:43 AM,
d