Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your opinion about super silk?
09-20-2009, 12:03 PM,
What's your opinion about super silk?
It's a base/hair combo that I came across.
I bet it is an old technology repackaged/remarketed as a new concept. Here is what it claims:
(Super Fine Swiss lace front)Each hair is indvidually drawn through from the ventilated layer through the extra light silk mono one hair strand at a time. It is the only system where hair will not knot or tangle. The hair looks like it is coming right from your own scalp. The Super Silk Hair System combines all the elements we want in a hair system; a perfect hairline, a real appearance hair is growing right from your scalp (No KNOTS, NONE), fully breathable, light weight and durable

It sounds like the i-lace but with an SFS front.

Are these types of systems better to wear?
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM,
Re: What's your opinion about super silk?
Balamounti,
You're right--it's our ILace with a SFS front.
Regards,
John
09-20-2009, 01:19 PM,
Re: What's your opinion about super silk?
LOL,
It's insane how other companies come up with fancy names for old technology. . .
Do you like that configuration of bases though?
What do customers say?
03-05-2015, 11:10 PM,
RE: What's your opinion about super silk?
Hi There,
I have been wearing since I was 19years. Its been 12 years now.
I ordered this Super silk base by mistake thinking that its expensive so it might be even better lace.
Finally now that i am using it, I am actually very happy with it.
If you are using glue for the entire area, lace can be good and hairs will look like growing from scalp. but if you are using glue in the front and glue/tape on the perimeter... leaving the center portion not stuck, then your lace will be a little detectable. In a Super Silk system you dont need to put it on a skin to make it look realistic. The silk forms like a skin and the hairs look like growing out of it...
Its very natural looking, and I bet it would be durable as well.
03-06-2015, 06:38 PM,
I'm always surprised these are not more popular. They're great if you have an office job, where you might have people standing behind you looking over your shoulder, because the scalp looks 100% natural from the top. They are at least as durable as single ply lace - I get 5 or 6 months out of mine, and it is usually the front that goes first, not the "island". The only downside is they are slightly warmer than a single ply base.

I would use thinskin rather than poly for the perimeter though. It is less detectable to touch and there's less chance of it being visible, especially if your hair gets drenched with sweat or rain.
03-07-2015, 01:01 AM,
I ordered one to try, but as all my units over the past 28 years had poly all the way around, I ordered it that way. I don't want to use glue and am happy to use tape only.

What attracted me was the fact that they stae it does not knot or tangle, this should mean it should be more durable (hopefully!). If I can get three to four months out of one then it would be a good buy.