Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help w/ Template please! (Pics)
01-14-2015, 11:18 AM,
RE: Help w/ Template please! (Pics)
Thank you paul that was very informative.
01-14-2015, 02:59 PM,
How much ORWG do i need to order? And is there a sample pack of tapes sold somewhere because I would like options if I have a reaction to one. I'm ordering all the supplies now. Am I missing anything?
ORWG
Tape
Got2B
Lace release
91% alcohol
Leave-in conditioner spray
sulfate-free shampoo
Dawn soap w/o hand softener
Styrofoam head?
01-14-2015, 03:16 PM,
orwg comes in very small bottles and if you are in a cold climate you should wait until it warms up it gets all messed up in cold weather.
you dont need lace release, it is just expensive alcohol IMO use 99% alcohol and you are fine, no need for the 91.

i suggest you order autoglym, its way better than other solvents for cleaning a lace system.
also looks21 has a sample pack of glues, cheap with free shipping. all the links are below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001153...UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYN...UTF8&psc=1

http://www.looks21.com/adhesive-samples.html

maybe get some back2natural (google it) i guess the best way to describe it is its a color conditioner..its good to battle oxidation, gets unwanted tones etc. sucks when a system arrives and it has unwanted tones that your hair doesnt have. it doesnt always happen, but better safe than sorry.

i dont recall is you are going to someone for a cut in or doing your own. if you are doing your own i suggest blending shears and a razor comb. both of which should be handled with caution.
01-14-2015, 03:29 PM,
I'm going to a salon to get it cut in. I was warned about ordering ORWG in the winter but users have told me as long as its not international the shipping shouldnt ruin it. But what about it sitting on my front door step while im at work? If i cant order ORWG in the winter what glue can I use? Everyone seems to use ORWG. Do i need Knot sealer? Does back2natural stain the base?
01-14-2015, 04:08 PM,
i dont know if it would get ruined sitting at your door. some people love orwg, i dont find it much different from other white glues, except that i find it hard to get off my head and that tiny little brush it comes with is ridiculous.
many people use nx gen unifying agent, ghost bond xl etc, which is why i suggested the sample pack. each glue works different for each person. why go trying full size bottles when you can try a sample of each is my thought.
anything with color can stain the base. i havent used back2natural, i have used aufero which is basically the same thing, you can order it from hair4all, but i suggest contacting them first because they are in the UK. i am currently waiting for my order to arrive and i'm in the states.

i dont have a styro head and i have never stained my base with dye or color conditioner.
i do it off my head. generally i just pour a little bit across the teeth of a comb and carefully comb it through. when using the conditioner i dont think its all that important to get down deep anyhow.