Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im a newbie to this i have a few questions
01-08-2015, 06:06 AM,
im a newbie to this i have a few questions
1. With the sfs can you feel the lace much at all, if its a thicker density will that make it harder to feel?
2. I workout, play basketball and surf, I'm wondering how durable sfs is and if it will be secured on my head through all that and how long?
3.How long does the sfs system usually last?
01-08-2015, 11:26 AM,
RE: im a newbie to this i have a few questions
Hi Runandgun07,
Welcome to the forum. The Super Fine Swiss lace (SFS) is extremely fine. It is very difficult to try and feel it. It is translucent so the color of your scalp will show through the material. Our SFS only comes in one density. French lace is made of the same translucent material and not quite as delicate as SFS. SFS is very durable. It isn't the lace that wears out---the longevity of a piece is determined by the hair. Normal wear, washing and exposure to sunlight all have an effect on the hair. The strength of the attachment is dependent on strength of the tape or glue that is used. We carry both Super Tape and Walker No Shine tape which are extremely strong. They provide for a good 2 week attachment and even longer. Our strongest glue is Ultra Hold which will provide a similar bonding period. How long a system lasts is contingent on several factors--lifestyle, frequency of washing, body chemistry, water quality (hard water), etc. A typical system lasts for about 5 months. We have customers that send in photos of units that are 1 year old and look great. But they are very careful with their units and it's not typical. We also suggest sleeping on a satin or silk pillow case as this is much more easy on the hair than a cotton pillow case. Cotton does 2 things to a hair system. One--it 'wicks' the hair causing it to dry out and break. And two--cotton has many scraggly fibers that 'hook' the hair cause it to break. Hope this helps.
Regards,
John