Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black hair turning brown
01-01-2015, 01:53 AM,
Black hair turning brown
I'm wearing a stock TL lace with Jet black hair. When I first received it the black hair towards the knots were slightly brown but I didn't mind because I knew that it probably was a necessary part of their process. However, now I can see that all of the black hair is starting to go brown, which makes sense since I noticed some black dye in the shampoo foam lather when I take showers.

I plan to order a custom piece in about a month and I'm wondering if any TL custom piece wearers with jet black hair are experiencing this problem? Also, I asked TL if all of the hairs on their jet black stock pieces were bleached and they said yes, but the piece I received had bleached knots on the front and after trimming to size I ended up with about 1/2" of bleached knot lace front (on the plus side it is the first jet black hair system I've had that I didn't have to bleach the knots myself). Do the custom jet black swiss lace pieces come will bleached knots all over (i.e. front, back, part, crown and sides) or is it just the front?

Right now I'm thinking of dying the hair black with JFM black beard dye (stronger than the regular hair dye) with the included brush so I can avoid getting it on the knots — do you guys think this will work or will it just cause mass shedding?
01-01-2015, 02:20 AM,
RE: Black hair turning brown
Hi baller88 ... I`m not familiar with the product, but obviously, the company-name is well-known ... I had a look at it ...it hasn`t got ammonia, so it should be gentle enough ...however, just try it on a small area first as a ` test` .... also, bear in mind, that system hair takes colour at a much faster rate than growing hair ....recommend ` timings` on such products have to be more or less ignored .....proceed cautiously.... apply for just a few minutes, rinse off, dry the hair and have a look at it .....you can re-apply it and cover a larger area if you`re happy with the result.
What you are describing is normal oxidation / colour-lift .... the more frequently you shampoo, the faster will be the rate of oxidation ...... less is best..... guys shampoo the daylights out of their systems and colour-lift happens much earlier as a result.....
system hair is not usually really ` dirty` as such ...just dry from lack of lubricating oils .... use of a leave -in conditioner a few times a week should negate the need to shampoo frequently....when you are shampooing, always use a system-specific shampoo, so as to be gentle on the hair.
Also, worth remembering------ you`re considering ordering a custom-made system in a month`s time ....... receipt of you first-time custom order can take up to six weeks from the time you mail off your template.... John has to receive it first, then it has to be sent to China ...it gets into the queue, and as it`s hand-made, before being shipped to you ---- the whole process can take up to six weeks......once your template is on file with the factory, a subsequent order will take less time.....so if you order in 4 week`s time, possibly you won`t have your system until early to mid March, so you need to bear in mind that your present system may not last until then in a wearable condition ...... many guys can get 3 or 4 months from a system, but others don`t ---- just a point to remember.