Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Hairs Sticking Up?
12-30-2014, 01:44 PM,
Random Hairs Sticking Up?
I get these random hairs that just stick up in different random directions, usually stemming from wherever their is a part, crown, or area where hairs aren't weighed down on top of each other. Some of the hairs aren't even straight anymore but bent and crooked. It's a problem that seems to get worse overtime after washing/rebonding. I'm guessing it's just ordinary wear and tear on the knots? Also, whenever I'm outside the wind just completely blows strands of hair out of place to where it looks like my hair is being pulled upwards by a magnet or something. I don't really want to use styling product because I like all natural, and that's only a temporary solution. It's an all french lace freestyle ventilation. My guess is that either lace or freestyle ventilation or both, isn't best suited for my hair length(3-4 inches), texture(thin), and possibly hairstyle as well. I was interested in injection thin skin since their would be no knots to worry about and the wind wouldn't really effect it as much as I've read others users say and the fact that the hair is supposed to lie flatter. But unfortunately, I've read that certain hairstyles like flat back can't be accomplished so I don't think that's an option for me. I was thinking v-looping thinskin to be a possible solution?
01-01-2015, 01:44 AM,
RE: Random Hairs Sticking Up?
You will always get that on every hair system regardless of what TL or any supplier claim — there are 1000's of hairs and all it takes is a few dozen of them to be injected or knotted in slightly wrong direction to get that magnet hair as you say.

Use pomades or any flexible wax and wash no more than twice a week. Also remember to apply it to your natural hair so it blends the sheen.
01-03-2015, 11:05 AM,
For the wind, I will try some products to see if the hair stays down.

The hairs that stick up for no reason WITHOUT wind were not existent when the system was new. It is a problem that has seemed to have gotten worse over time, I'm assuming wear and tear on the knots probably caused it, as the amount of hairs coming through the underside of the base is also something that has increased. It's my understanding that v looped thin skins don't have knots and everything is attached between two layer of skin material so I'm guessing that should prevent this issue.
01-03-2015, 10:14 PM,
Applying knot-sealer to the underside of the base helps to keep this issue to a minimum....it`s a liquid which forms an acrylic skin and seals the knots into place... it`s best not to apply it on day one --leave time for the hair to settle into whatever style you groom it to, especially with Freestyle venting..... a bottle of knot sealer is sufficient to ` treat` around 6 toppers so go easy with it ... you only barely dab it on ...you shouldn`t see wetness as such....if you apply it too heavily it can seep through onto the hairs and cause them to clump into lumps.....it can help prevent hair shedding out from knots becoming undone also.... there are vids. on `Youtube` showing how to apply it ..... Here`s Debbie showing how it`s done :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUDBdJvay0