Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fullcap Photos
12-18-2014, 06:56 AM,
New Fullcap Photos
This is still a bit of a `` work in progress`` ...it was delivered in September, but only styled-in last week..... it looks ` full` [dense] --it`s actually not---it`s because it`s new and still has that normal ` bounce` in the hair.... I wear a baseball cap at work, so that`s helping to tame it down.... I deliberately left the hair on the `long` side.... I`ll see how it settles ... I`ve already done some thinning here and there myself, and have been adjusting [trimming] the shape around the temples/ ear-flaps.... I just want to go softly softly for now ... I`d recommend any new wearer not to go for the ` finished-look` when you visit your stylist for the first time....this also applies to topper wearers ...you should always leave the hair a bit on the long side and see how it settles down ..you can go back after a week or ten days for a little adjustment such as a little thinning-out or shortening of the hair tips.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-23-2014, 09:38 PM,
RE: New Fullcap Photos
Great job Paul. How do you find the fullcap day to day?

I would say this unit looks amazing in reality, those photos don't do it justice cos of the flash.
12-25-2014, 06:31 AM,
Hi Mr Burns ..Nice to see you active on the forum again..... had to use the flash as it was a typical winter day here ..poor light and the flash does cause a glare ........
I remove it nightly for sleeping [just my preference] .....hardest bit for me with a fullcap is getting the temple area to look ok .... my template is a little over-sized in that area as I like to trim the base myself .... the ventilation on those sideburn areas can be problematic from one order to the next....they can`t seem to `imagine` how our hair lies naturally in that area....on one flap it`s coming forward from the ear and on the other it`s lying ` downwards` [the way I want it]--- I just wet the lace, apply plenty of conditioner and leave it on for half an hour then pull the hair into the direction I want ...it`s not perfect but it helps.
12-29-2014, 08:27 PM,
Hey Paul, Nice to see u are still sharing your experiences and always posting pics. I asked your advice when making a full-cap template a few months ago, but life got busy and i didn't get around to completing it and submitting an order (not through Top Lace this time) .. But i finally pulled my finger out and lodged my order last week, So i am looking forward to my first full cap arriving around late January.
I am growing out my natural hair as much as i can at the moment cause i plan to have a bit of length on my full-cap. First about the length you wear, and then increasing the length with each new piece until eventually about shoulder length.
Just wanted to stop by and say hi, and thank you for your help, weather directly or not.. Your presence here is very valuable to more than just me i'm sure.
12-30-2014, 08:13 AM,
Hello White Noise, Thanks so much for taking the time .... I do appreciate it and glad the photos etc. are of interest...... am making a new template at the moment..will post a few photos of it when it`s done ...am concentrating on the temples, getting the shape correct.
I really hope your order will be suitable for your needs ..... look forward to seeing the end-result and again, thanks for the kind words.... I know how much of a worry all this can be to a prospective wearer, so I just try to demystify it for guys !! Kind regards!