Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin Skin
12-13-2014, 09:29 AM,
Thin Skin
I'm currently still using my first system, which is all lace base. Easier cleanup, removal, and attachment sounds great but what I'm interested in is injection ventilation. I don't think injection is offered for lace right?
The knotted hairs in lace seem to fly around in the wind easily, and those random hairs that just stick up are annoying. Would injection fix these problem? The pre-determined angles and lift seem like the solution.
I also imagine injected hairs to look and feel more natural in general because they would mimic the way real hair comes out of the scalp right?
Also, how much more detectable to the touch is thin skin vs lace? Is the difference just overstated from wearer's paranoia, or is thin skin really feel like plastic on your head?
I hope for my next system I can place it behind my hairline so visibility their might not really be an issue. Is their a difference between poly and thin skin?
Also, is thin skin more durable just base wise, or will their also be less shedding? Does anyone find thin skin to get too hot since their is no breathability?
12-13-2014, 02:09 PM,
RE: Thin Skin
Hi NoHairNoFair,
Injection is not possible for lace. Lace can only be knotted. Injection is for a skin base. We offer 2 skin bases: The TL 400 and the TL 700 (New Generation base). The TL 700 is too thin to be injected. The TL 400 can be injected but you need to specify injection (no extra charge) as normally it is V looped. Some customers like the injection because of personal preference and their own hair style. With injected hair all the cuticles are going in the same direction and this can cause the hair to lye flatter.
Skin is just as undetectable to the touch as lace is. Once a skin base is attached you won't even notice it
Poly is the material that we typically put on the back and sides of lace units to provide a smooth surface to attache glue and tape. It's thicker than the thin skin used on a skin base. The TL 400 is as durable as the lace bases. The TL 700 is very thin and it tends to have a shorter life than the TL 400--that's the trade off for the thinness of the base. I have a retired customer in Arizona that wears nothing but skin---it's no problem.
Regards,
John
12-13-2014, 04:34 PM,
When you say all the cuticles are going in the same direction and the hair lyes flatter how does that effect the hair in real life? Will the ventilation not be freestyle anymore?
12-14-2014, 03:16 AM,
Ventilation refers to the direction that the hair is knotted or injected (i.e.. left part, comb back, freestyle, etc.). Freestyle venting means that the hairs are in a random order and no set style. This allows you to experiment with styles. So whether injected or knotted is used freestyle is basically the same. When hair is knotted the cuticles are going in one direction going towards the scalp and the opposite direction going away from the scalp. Injected hair will be tend to lie flatter with just about any style that is not freestyle.
Regards,
John
12-14-2014, 10:42 AM,
Ok so I never thought I would want a "set" style like comb back or right part, I like to try out different styles. But it sounds like your saying that injected hair that's freestyle isn't really going to be different from knotted freestyle. I thought freestyle was when the knots are tied looser so the hair can be styled in different directions. Is their any benefit to injected hair than? And what about if it was injected and freestyle? Everyone's natural hair grows in a pre-determined direction anyway, so maybe I should specify a ventilation, with injection, would that fix my problem? Sorry, about so many questions, I'm just still trying to figure out the best solution for me.
12-16-2014, 05:00 AM,
Hi NoHairNoFair,
You're right-freestyle knotted and freestyle injected are the same. Hair on both are vented in a random style that allows you to experiment with styles. The knots are not tied looser on lace with freestyle venting. I suggest that you send in a photo of what you'd like your hair to look like. The photo can be of anyone from from the internet, magazine, etc. Or it can be a photo of yourself when you had hair. I will send in the photo to the factory along with your order and they will match the photo.
Regards,
John
12-17-2014, 04:14 PM,
I don't have a good photo to be honest. But my natural hair grows in a forward direction towards my face. If I order say Comb Forward Spikey Front, will I not be able to comb all the hair back, or style the hair in directions opposite of the ventilation it comes with?
12-18-2014, 09:04 AM,
You will be able to comb it in different directions as the hair will conform to the direction it's styled in. However, it won't be as natural looking as you'd like. If the hair is vented in a comb forward style and you style it with a comb forward style the bottom of the hair shaft near the base will be pointed forward and it will then gradually go backward with your styling. This may require some product. It will also depend on the length of your hair as longer hair is easy to pull this off with than shorter hair.
12-19-2014, 03:59 PM,
I don't understand what you mean by it won't be as natural looking. Isn't real hair growing in a "non-freestyle" pre-determined direction and angle anyway? A lot of men if not most have hair that grows forward toward the face. I keep the system hair 3 - 4 inches long, it's a topper btw.