Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transpanted hairline
12-04-2014, 01:21 PM,
transpanted hairline
OK so cutting a long story short: (btw I am a long time poster on the forum, been there through the BA days etc.)

I have worn toppers for many years and then few years ago switched to full cap. have been very happy with full caps.

I was never quite happy with having a fake hairline, be it topper or FC. Don't get me wrong they can look amazing, especially when new. But I wanted something that was 100% natural. Didn't have to worry about lace showing, glue, whatever and could comb anyway I wanted at any time,

I had 1500 grafts just for the front hairline, and my plan was to wear a full cap behind It. My cousin did exactly the same thing a few years ago and all I can say is WOW.

so anyway 4 months on from the transplant and the hairline is growing amazing! I am totally amazed. I can imagine when its fully grown, the piece will fit nicely behind and It will be THE ULTIMATE in realism.

Sorry no pics because its too early, but I will definitely keep you posted in the next 6-18 months.

This is very exciting. I always felt if I could 'fix' the hairline issue then wearing would be perfect with the ultimate realism. I also comb my hair in a way which exposes most of my hairline.

I think if you can have a real, healthy looking hairline with a full cap behind it, its game over. The ultimate.

Keep you posted.

Transcap
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM,
RE: transpanted hairline
Transcap,

For some of us that option unfortunately does not exist. I am happy for you though!

Oldwearer
12-06-2014, 05:24 AM,
Hope it all works out for you!
Will look forward to the pictures!
Where did you get your procedure done?
Personally I would tend to think that the temple point areas are the problem zones?
Haven't seen a full cap yet with convincing temple points, especially if you prefer shorter styles.
In fact if I could get the money together that is a procedure that I would go for as my temple points have gone, which doesn't help with style options as you have to compensate the density for natural blending.
12-07-2014, 06:01 AM,
Sorry to say this but I had 3500 FUS grafts (front hairline graduating towards the middle top) and 3 years later I needed another HT.

The problem with HTs is that there just aren't enough donor hairs to cover your balding spots, not even the front, in the long term. HT isn't a sustainable solution.
12-07-2014, 10:55 AM,
Baller88 I agree with you.

For the most part transplant suck if you want to replace a large area, as most ppl try and do.

I was smart and all I did was 1 inch for the hairline and the temples. that's it. I used Dr Knudsen in Australia. Very, very well respected.

Key here is:

1. I used full cap so no issues with thinning hair as years go on
2. I only transplanted hairline and temples.

the end result I think will be amazing. As you can see very early results from my other thread, its really working!! Im so stoked!

Transcap
12-08-2014, 12:37 AM,
I thought about this a few times, but after my experience with surgery just remembering the operating seat puts me off. The fact that anytime I rest my head on anything (pillow, car headrest, etc) the area where the transplanted hair was taken gets touched — it's fully recovered but the large scar just feels odd. If the doc took the strip slightly higher or lower it wouldn't been much better. Actually anytime I mention about the uncomfortable scar feeling to anyone that has had strip surgery they immediately know exactly what I'm talking about lol.

I wish I thought of just doing the first 3/4-1" or so and the temples. Somehow that thought never entered my mind, probably because I wanted the HT to stop using hair systems altogether. Seeing some of the pictures I probably going to have to do it again in a year or so because I've noticed my templates going slightly back (I'm in my mid 20's).

How did you transition from full hair system to HT front with hair system?
Did you do strip or FUE?
How do you make sure the HT density in the front stays similar to your hair system, or were you completely bald at the front already?
12-08-2014, 02:54 AM,
I wish you well with this experiment. I went down this road years ago and unfortunately it did not work out. I had 3 transplant sessions and the end result was a 1 inch wide hairline that isn't thick enough to look good. I would need at least another 2 sessions and there's no guarantee. Even thin hair piece behind hairline doesn't match up well. It still looks like a wall of hair behind the transplant. It looks terrible. You can still see the front edge of the hairpiece and now I have scars and thin hair in my donor area and I have to shave the stubble at the hairline so I can attach my hairpiece. Not to mention I'm out about 10 grand. This was unfortunately a big waste of time and money I regret to this day.

Bottom line is that hair transplants just can't put hair close enough together to create enough density for a thick enough hairline. If you put them too close follicles get damaged and die.
12-08-2014, 06:43 PM,
Haireapparent,

I know it works mate.

Its already working on me.

The 3 months transplants are already hiding the hair line well! IN 12 moths time it will be amazing.

I don't see any plastic/lace in front either.

It definitely works. I am a believer because I have the proof on my head. Tongue

transcap
12-09-2014, 04:55 AM,
The true test will be in harsh lighting (especially from over head) and close ups where the difference in scalp will be seen.

baller 88 had a good question... were you completely bald in front or did you still have some of your hair there?