Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Densities
11-17-2014, 01:24 PM,
Questions about Densities
How light is light density and extra light density compared to medium? I can't imagine one would get a hair system to look like they are still balding. Are light and extra light still providing a full head of hair? Can I still do all the styles I could do with a medium density? Medium heavy is offered, but not medium light so I'm cautious about trying a lower density. But I'm sure I probably need a lower density because I'm trying to incorporate my own natural hairline, and have a system right behind it. For sure I would need a graduated hairline. But I don't know if it would be a low enough density. Is their a limit to how much you can thin the front of a piece for it to blend with your own hair?
11-17-2014, 08:32 PM,
RE: Questions about Densities
Age needs to be considered when it comes to density. If the unit density is say 75% , medium to heavy and its worn by someone who is 50 years old then the look is very unnatural and a giveaway as fake

IMHO I strongly believe that there must be scalp showing to some degree as this looks natural.

I received a unit that's 60% density and there is plenty of scalp showing without looking like I am balding. The objective is to try and achieve a look that is natural and not "plastic"

The best units in the celebrity world are William shatner, Eddie Jordan, Enrique Inglesias as they look natural on them
11-18-2014, 05:29 AM,
Yes but:
How light is light density and extra light density compared to medium? I can't imagine one would get a hair system to look like they are still balding. Are light and extra light still providing a full head of hair? Can I still do all the styles I could do with a medium density? Medium heavy is offered, but not medium light so I'm cautious about trying a lower density. But I'm sure I probably need a lower density because I'm trying to incorporate my own natural hairline, and have a system right behind it. For sure I would need a graduated hairline. But I don't know if it would be a low enough density. Is their a limit to how much you can thin the front of a piece for it to blend with your own hair?
11-19-2014, 03:19 AM,
There's not limit to how thin you can go in the front to blend with your own hair. Regarding densities, a lot depends on the style you decide to wear. For medium to longer hair styles you can go with a lighter density than with a short hair style since the sheer volume of hair makes up for the density. I agree with daveraver that in order to look natural some scalp should show. Another consideration is the density of your own hair on the back and sides. You want the density of the hair piece to blend in naturally with the density of your own hair. Hair wearing can be more art than science.
John
11-19-2014, 12:47 PM,
I guess my hair length would be medium(3-4 inches). I think my current piece(my first one), the density could be lower. The main issue is the front where it's just a wall of hair(non graduated order), and the rest of the piece is quite dense too(sent it back to have more hair added, my stylist thought it wasn't enough initially). It's more hair than I have ever had in my whole life probably. Even when I part the hair, the scalp show is very minimal. My mom and younger sister have more scalp showing! But I'm 21 with ok side and back hair, and with my hairline covered completely it looks ok. But I like to expose my hairline most of the time so it kinda sucks right now. I'm waiting for my own hairline to grow back to 3-4 inches since I had it shaved initially for cut in, should've tried to use it. And the difference in density between the natural hairline, and the system behind it is completely obvious.
11-20-2014, 04:44 AM,
I'm 38 and my piece is 60% and it is really full head of hair. I have a 55% graduated hairline. The stock graduation is about 1" and I have them graduate mine for only 1/2". I have good sides and back and because I look much younger than I am I can pull off this density. You can't see any of my scalp except in my hairline and my crown but there's enough of my scalp showing that it looks natural.
11-21-2014, 10:30 AM,
So I'm 21 and want use my natural hairline. So basically I can order any density and thin out the front by myself as much as I want to blend it? My natural hairline would be quite less dense compared to the piece I imagine.