Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System comes off without lace release?
11-06-2014, 01:50 PM,
System comes off without lace release?
I'm not sure if this is normal or if happens with anyone else. I'm a newbie and I've done a rebond twice now. I noticed that I am able to get the system off my head without any lace release or alcohol. I am simply able to find a edge that has started to lift, and peel the system off from that point. This is after 7 days of hold, but I was also able to do it yesterday when it had only been 2 days and I even used no sweat this time. I don't even shower before doing that and dont exercise at all. I'm not sure if this means that something is wrong or not. I use oil resistant white glue, 2 thin coats, each coat I use just enough so that it dries clear and becomes tacky in 20 seconds or less. Each coat I let dry for a total of 1 minute. It makes me wonder that something is not right when the system comes off without lace release.
11-06-2014, 11:40 PM,
RE: System comes off without lace release?
If the system is new, it can have factory-residue on the lace...they spray the hair with silicons to add shine ..this can get onto the lace and prevent good adhesion ....when you take it off and wet it [ by immersing in a basin of water] apply shampoo directly to the lace and leave it for a few minutes before rinsing it off ....... sounds like you may be applying the glue a little too sparingly ....try slightly more [3 coats] and a little more thickly .... you should leave each coat to ` cure` for longer than a minute....it`s a balancing-act ...... you don`t want to plaster it on too thickly, but you need enough to actually ` grab` the lace sufficiently to hold it in place for however long you want.
11-07-2014, 08:23 AM,
make sure you're scalps squeaky dry and clean, and the lace is as clean as you can get it and dry
time the adhesive drying time I leave it for @ least 10 mins and have only ever needed to apply one coat(orwg)
no magic, just basic rules,
don't forget wash youre hands you don't want natural oils on you're scalp
and don't worry practice makes it easier
its easy when you know how, early days it gets better and easier
hell I doubt anyone likes debonding or touch ups its a dam chore!
but we do it for the 2- 3 weeks of feeling great! otherwise I woudnt bother nor would anyone else
good luck
ANTHONY UK
11-07-2014, 09:43 AM,
I think I should definitely let the glue dry for longer. It's weird cuz in most other uses of glue, you attach whatever you need as soon as possible, usually while the glue is still wet. I'm pretty conscious of cleaning my base and scalp as thoroughly as I can. At first I thought the moisturizing and silicone agents in my shampoo were effecting the lace and my scalp from reaching the glue. But from what I keep reading now their might be something to letting that glue dry a bit longer.
11-07-2014, 09:57 AM,
Try 10_15 mins or it should be clear
don't guess it time it
11-07-2014, 10:40 AM,
It actually becomes clear after a few seconds, or maybe even right after I rub it in.
11-07-2014, 06:37 PM,
I haven`t used that particular glue before, however, the general rule with all glues is to apply it thinly and evenly, and allow each coat to dry for 10 -15 minutes.... most glues take a full 24 hours to fully cure, therefore exercise /perspiring should be avoided during that time or it can affect the glue negatively.
You should never ever press lace down onto wet glue...it will seep through the lace and solidify on the knots /hair and you`ll have a clean-up from hell on your hands.
11-08-2014, 05:36 AM,
If you're using ORWG you could be like me. My chemistry just destroys glue. After about 5 days or so I can just lift the piece right off without lace release. I have very oily skin too.
11-08-2014, 05:41 AM,
@AmericanJambo: Do you also use orwg? What do you think I should do?
11-12-2014, 06:14 AM,
I use ORWG. It's the only glue that doesn't cause an adverse reaction for me.

You could try Walker's Scalp Protector. This works pretty good for me. I can get about 6-7 days when I use this. I put on 3 thin coats and dry each coat with a hair drier. You may just have to debond and reattach twice a week. Your best bet is to get 2 pieces and have them both cut in about the same time, then just rotate the pieces each time you debond and then reattach. This makes things much faster as you can clean up the piece you just debonded later when you have some free time.

You can also try other adhesives like Walker Great White, the different Ghost Bonds (regular, XL, and Supreme), and I've heard a lot of good things about NX Gen Unifying Agent. These are all white (non-acrylic) glues. Everyone has a unique body chemistry. Just because ORWG is great for a lot of people doesn't mean it's going to be the best for you. There may be a glue out there that sucks for most people but might be perfect for you. Try out different glues and see which one works best.