Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot Visibility (mildly clear pics)
10-24-2014, 10:45 AM,
Knot Visibility (mildly clear pics)
Hello,

I have been reading a lot about the difference aspects of wearing for a while and would like to progressively make my way to my first order. But right now I have a main concern as I have no experience yet:

- What are your options when it comes to knots in terms of visibility? (think 60- 65% density range)

My ultimate goal is to have an exposed hairline. I have only ever seen two laces IRL. One was french lace, double knotted, dark (and was detectable). The other was brown hair, french lace, single (maybe) and bleached knots and it looked amazing. Thats when I realized that knots are a big concern to those who wish to expose their hairline.

Could someone with some experience please explain the options you have when ordering a system in terms of hiding knots? Do you always have to try your luck bleaching at home? I kinda have blonde roots as well so this might work.

Please advise.

Here are the pics of what I saw (not my pieces). The camera isnt great:

http://imgur.com/a/MT34K
10-24-2014, 12:26 PM,
RE: Knot Visibility (mildly clear pics)
Hi EarlyTwenties,
Thanks for posting. All knots are bleached at the factory. It's the default setting and the only other option is no bleaching. We do have about 3 customers that order with no bleaching. They comb their hair forward so knots are not a concern. With bleaching it's important to understand that the darker the hair the longer the bleaching time required to remove the color from the knot. So with lighter colored hair the actual bleaching time required is less than for black hair. With black hair it gets to be a fine line when it comes to bleaching. Bleaching to little and the knot can be visible. Bleach too much and you can harm the integrity of the knot. Some customers with black hair order the front 1" of the unit with blonde hair and then dye the rest of the hair shafts to match the rest of the unit. This gives you the blonde knot without bleaching. If you have blonde roots the knots will be not be an issue. The factory can match the color of your hair sample including the blonde roots. Hope this helps.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/