Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template or no template, that is the question
10-15-2014, 01:51 PM,
Template or no template, that is the question
So I finally went to see Didi the other day. She adjusted my piece, and it is finally fitting nice and snug on my head. Although I learned a lot from her process, I was left with one question. She mentioned that she didn't want me to do a template, stating they don't always get it perfect. Instead she took the measurements of my head which reads ""Front to back- 5 1/4" Side to side- 5"...Oval shape- almost straight for The back, and C shape on the front.""

I am looking to order my next piece ASAP, as my current one shed pretty badly and is getting sparse.

What is everyone's thoughts with regard to template, no template, measurements etc..?

She is quite expensive, and I can't afford to keep going back to her to trim the piece to my head...

Thanks in advance!

Oh and one more quick question. I have been going with 'medium' density. However, my current system has shed pretty badly. Would going with a 'medium heavy' density prolong the life of the system?

I ask because the only reason I need a new system right now is the shedding. If it was more dense with hair, it would still look quite nice!
10-17-2014, 09:30 PM,
RE: Template or no template, that is the question
One of the best fitting piece's I've had was from just using measurements.
10-17-2014, 11:05 PM,
RE: Template or no template, that is the question
Hi Sidebender,
You have an easy bald area to cover. It's oval shaped and all you need it the length, width, and front curvature. That's simple. Not all bald areas as that easy. Many people have temple flaps, uneven shapes, and any number of unique characteristics that don't fit the oval shape. They need to send in a template so that the size is right. Also, the larger the size of your unit the more important you provide a template. On smaller units the lace is soft enough that it will just lay flat on a smaller unit. Larger sized units will cover more area and therefore have more contour.
Shedding is normal part of hair wearing. Adding more density can extend the life of a unit if you don't mind being a little heavy in the early stages of wearing.
Regards,
John