Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front hairline tape issue
10-04-2014, 04:01 PM,
front hairline tape issue
Just wondering if we've solved the front hairline/tape visibility issue yet without resorting to glue. I use no shine but wondering if hair tech has evolved any further in the last year or so???

Attached Files Image(s)

10-04-2014, 11:47 PM,
RE: front hairline tape issue
Not really sure what your picture is intended to show. The piece is pretty obviously just sitting loose on your head with no adhesive at all. Have you got a picture which shows the hairline when attached?
10-08-2014, 05:49 AM,
I personally use ORWG, works and looks a charm!
10-10-2014, 10:12 PM,
no it is attached with tape, theres just a section on the sides where I didn't have tape but the front hairline is taped with no shine... Just wondered if there were any improvements in attachment without going back to glues?
10-11-2014, 07:42 AM,
use ORWG, works!!!! fantastic adhesive!!!!, rocks!!!!!!!!! for a invisible hairline bond
10-12-2014, 12:32 AM,
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but that looks terrible Anubi5. The lace is sitting so far up off your skin that you can see the distinct shadow it is casting. Anyone you meet will instantly know you're wearing a piece if they see that hairline.

I'm not sure what's going wrong. The lace and knots look fine. It just seems not to be stuck to your head at all, like there is a millimetre gap between your scalp and the unit, and obviously the whole mesh is completely visible. I suppose it could be a problem with the fit of the piece, although there is no particular indication of that.
10-12-2014, 02:33 PM,
It could just be the lighting but obviously I don't style it with hair back, I have it kinda forward...

I don't like using glue because clean up is a pain and I also wonder if being a liquid at first, it may seep chemicals in through the scalp. I used to have dark circles under my eyes after using glue to attach for years. After switching to tape I don't have them anymore. Could be other factors but I like that tape is easier. Just wondered if there was a new tape on the market that's better than no shine...
10-13-2014, 11:19 AM,
to answer your question....there is the 3mil tape which does give an undetectable hairline......
but i have to agree with others...your hairline is not attached up to the edge. it is clearly off your scalp. perhaps this is what you want and you only have the tape attached behind the edge of the lace but not right to the edge.
i cant see how it is the lighting because there is an actual gap between your scalp and the piece...

i didnt include the corner of the hairline on the right side of your screen because you stated you havent any tape there

Attached Files Image(s)

10-13-2014, 09:19 PM,
3mil? 3 mm is a lot. im sure no shine is less than 1mm. Would it be 0.3mm?
10-13-2014, 11:26 PM,
"Three mil" tape is actually 0.03 millimetres thick - ie three hundredths of a millimetre. So very thin, but not as thin as an application of glue.

I wonder if you are cleaning and prepping your scalp properly if the tape is lifting off wholesale like that. Do you prep with alcohol? Allow it to cure before sweating?