Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red tones in brand new system
09-29-2014, 06:21 AM,
RE: Red tones in brand new system
Ok so after doing some research into coloring/toning, I hope I understood this all correctly. If anyone could correct me please do. Toning is the process of removing unwanted tones in the hair, like red, brassy, etc. This is done by introducing a corresponding color to the hair to cancel out the unwanted tone, green to cancel red, blue to cancel orange, etc. The blue and green are lost during processing and overtime to reveal those tones. Coloring is where the actual color of the hair is changed, like black to brown, etc. Toning is a process used along with coloring, and in between coloring. I don't think my system needs more black, just less red and orange tone. I'm sure their will come a time where I will have to color the system towards the end of its life, I suppose when the hair doesn't look black anymore in any decent lighting. But this system is pretty new, and I feel like the red orange color is more of a tone that shows up in a certain amount of light at the right angles. It's not like I really have a red orange piece sitting on my head, it's still a black haired piece. I need a toner, or a toning shampoo or conditioner, that introduces blue and green color to cancel orange and red respectively. Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything here, but if I'm still on the right track. I'm not having an easy time finding products though. Most toning shampoos are purple, marketed for blondes gray or white hair, and I could not find one green shampoo or blue green shampoo. Same thing for toners, but I only checked Amazon and Google for them, don't really know if their are any professional products. Back2natural only goes up to dark brown. I can't find Aufero for sale to the U.S. I only saw black Malva shampoo and color conditioner, it's expensive but idk if that's my best option. I asked my stylist if she would tone it, but when I asked her if she had blue green she said just let me handle it so idk if she's gonna color it black or use what I read I need. If anyone could recommend some toners, or toning shampoo or conditioner products I would greatly appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red tones in brand new system - NoHairNoFair - 09-29-2014, 06:21 AM
RE: Red tones in brand new system - jaycee - 10-12-2014, 04:55 PM