Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red tones in brand new system
10-01-2014, 10:43 AM,
RE: Red tones in brand new system
Hey southernguy, can u read my post before yours, #9?
10-01-2014, 11:14 AM,
sent you email
10-01-2014, 12:43 PM,
Didn't get anything.
10-03-2014, 01:56 AM,
email [email protected]
10-08-2014, 12:22 PM,
Southernguy,

Did you ever mention your technique to color hair? I am not seeing it. I get very brassy hair (it even comes in from the factory a bit too brassy---disclosure: I am not a Toplace customer at this time), and I find that Back2Natural doesn't work for me on my color #3 hair. I like Vapon Chromatone, but it rubs off on my pillowcase and is a bit too dark for my hair color. The permanent hair colors never worked that great for me either. I am interested in your recommendations.
10-12-2014, 12:59 AM,
Dino,

It's rather simply actually. Basically what I do, is use a Demi Permanent color (usually Redken's Shades EQ - liquid or the cream) and formulate an ash color 2 to 3 levels lighter than the hair piece. I let it process for 10-15 minutes. Rinse, shampoo and condition. End result: Hair color that is non damaging and LASTS.

It's about using the right tool for the application. Using 40 volume developer and permanent color does cause the color molecule to form faster, but in doing so it also makes it form too fast for any longevity and in turn activates all of the alkaline agent in the color (be it ammonia or a substitute) cause further damage which leads to brittle hair and faster color fading. You could paint you house with a nail polish brush too but why? Right tool for right job and results can be stellar. But hey what do I know, I just make a really good living doing it.
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM,
I use Just For Men Mustache and Beard brush-in color gel. It's probably not the gentlest, but it's convenient and quick to use. I have been using it for 10 years and it works for me. I have dark brown / black hair.
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM,
Jaycee,

If you are happy with the results then GREAT! Smile
05-01-2015, 11:48 AM,
jaycee,

I am very close to my first cut-in. I also do not want to ignore the reddish tones in my brown hair system. Currently, I was about to take the path of dying my natural hair a 'reddish brown' and hope that it helped mask the contrast between the system and my natural hair. I have a partial just at the front- basically the front-half of the top of my head.

After seeing your post, I wonder if using the Just for Men brush to dye the system (and maybe also some surrounding parts of my natural hair) would be a better idea.

Did you consider dying your natural hair before using the Just for Men brush?

What are the cons of using the brush that you can think of from your experience? For example:

1) Is it hard to get the system hair and natural surrounding hair to match using the brush-dye technique since they may absorb color at different rates?

2) How often do you have to reapply the just for men? I can assume it is that hard to though.

3) Expense? Is it affordable (compared to maybe dying your own hair once?).

4) Does it rub out on your pillowcase at all or run?

I think I would rather dye my hairsystem to match my own hair (probably enriching a bit of my own hair as well with the same brush) than dying all y hair reddish brown. Although, at the end of the day, I just want to do what's easiest since overcomplicating hair-wearing will likely turn me insane and want to quit and shave my head, which I logically know is a worse look for me.

Anyway,

Good luck all with your hair wearing!