Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request
10-03-2014, 01:49 PM,
RE: 23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request
Hello Paul,

Thanks a lot for your input. I agree with your advice to focus on first things first, so this post is dedicated to my first template.

It was relatively easy to do, although I plan to do a better job the second time around. First off, I'd like to note that when you first suggested including temple flaps, I was very put off. I did not think I had a problem with my sides. Allowing myself to analyze other user's template posts from an unbiased standpoint, I realized that temple flaps are necessary. However, I still do have some concerns:

1. As a child, I was blonde. It turned brown around age 8 or so. I guess there is a hint of blonde to my hair, possibly along the roots, but to me it just seems brown. However, my receeding hairline has always been slightly blonde. This worries me for color matching. I'm wondering if the temple flaps will be noticeable against my natural fair (blonder) hair at the front of my 'sides'. I may be overthinking it tho.

2. As you can see in my pictures, my sides seem to be thinner than the dark brown hair behind it. this was sort of hidden when I had completely buzzed the side of my head I suppose (no. 2). Looking at my pictures of the outlined hairline with an eyebrow pencil, does this change your opinion of where the temple flaps should do down to? In my opinion, I should leave as much natural (thinning) lower/side temple as possible. Of course, I am open to other opinions.

3. I have pictures of my first template, but I think there is a maximum file size attached per post, so I will include those in a second post soon after this. I was a bit non-symmetric with my temple flaps, but I'll get more transparent tape next time to do a better job. Also, if you look closely, my temple flaps may have not been thick enough as you can see some more thinning hair behind them.

Other info: I designed my hairline to be 2.75" from between my eyebrows (~ 70 mm). This was about 3.70 finger widths. My chosen hairline is around 4 mm lower than my current thinning one at the front. I even have a single isolated hair somewhere below that drawn-out hairline ( ~7 mm) possibly from a very youthfull hairline a long time ago. I think that I have chosen a hairline point that is still pretty high, but I'm ok with that for now as I can tweak it later.

Most importantly:

Please explain to me how you think I can design my temple flaps such that it blends with my thinning sides.

Here are the rest of my images from the making of my first template:

[EDIT] Reposted my images to imgur for easier viewing: http://imgur.com/a/2JY4Z

Messages In This Thread
RE: 23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request - EarlyTwenties - 10-03-2014, 01:49 PM