Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request
09-29-2014, 04:37 AM,
RE: 23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request
Have looked at the photos...tricky situation... the first few photos made me wonder were you being way too early thinking about wearing ....but I could see your situation far better with the hair damp. Your hair seems to change direction too at the side....... you have it buzzed in tight there and it`s growing downwards ..there`s a ` line` where the hair direction appears to change ..the hair above the `line` is growing forward in a very definite manner....it`s most obvious on the 9th photo down...does it grow naturally that way or have you styled it like that ? You should leave the side/s grow out a little as this will help with blending in whatever is on top [system] with your side/back hair.. I appreciate you might like to always keep your hair that short, but it can be a bit tricky to work with when wearing.
Superfine lace can only ` hold` certain densities ....it`s extremely light and is best suited to those in the low to medium range.....you may get a longer ` wear` from a [ normal] Swiss lace and it may be a little easier to work with as a newbie, than the more delicate / lighter lace, until you get the hang of attaching /detaching.
You can mark your hairline etc. with an eyebrow pencil.....this will easily wipe off when you need to remove it. Please don`t take every word I write as literally written in stone.... I`m merely giving my 2 -cents worth in the line of suggestions ...other readers may have other suggestions and I would like to see them offer them to you. Your temple points are really poor now .....also, I`d suggest you don`t go with spiked-up front for your first time until you get used to this ... two main reasons really ....` exposed` hairlines like that are trickier to handle....and maintain ...atmospheric dust can build up on tape/glue there and become visible, so you have to debond /clean it more often plus, people who know you may well be ` fixated` on a sudden ` new look` and ask awkward questions ! Keep it relatively easy at the start and you can get a bit more adventurous as you become accustomed to all this. I`d keep your crown -point for now ....it`s thin-ish but it`s ` natural` .... you could leave the hair grow a little longer there and ` slot` in a system in front and lie the slightly longer hair onto /over the edge of the system, giving a nice invisible ` join` ...... I`ll attach a suggested outline to a photo ..... it would be really helpful for the factory to see your present hair etc......to this end, send John photos and he`ll forward them with your order....... don`t fret about the online order form ---just send John an E-mail with your specification ..he`ll clarify anything you may not be sure about---just mark your template with indelible marker ---make sure you write ``Front` and ` Back` on the appropriate areas too .... I also suggest you ask for ``No Name-Tag`` ..they sew one onto the back unless you specify ` none` ..it can be a bit lumpy and ` annoying` ! Take hair samples [ in your case] from the top just ahead of your crown -point and towards the front ....hair at / towards the back is darker ---since you`ll be wearing mostly ` forward`, I`d take hair from there....... you need about a pencil-diameter amount and about an inch long if possible [yes you can keep your sample in a sealed bag --just keep it out of sunlight] You`ll have a graduated front-density by default...... your photos will /should help the factory to give you a matching-density to your exisiting hair so again, don`t worry too much about nailing-down percentages....concentrate on getting your template accurate---well, as accurate as you can.....it can be tiresome, time-consuming and frustrating when you attempt your first template -- most of us never ever get it spot-on at the first or even 3rd attempt ! Just take your time and you`ll get there ! Post photos here when you have it done ..preferably with it sitting on your head....you`ll get input on whether it`s ok to post it off [yes you can fold it in two, down the center and pop it into a padded envelope along with your hair sample when ready] I just read further down now and you did say about leaving your sides grow out a bit ---yes I would do that.You could also consider using Debbie Theriault`s ` remote` cut-in service ...She does the ` heavy work` ...you can then go to a regular stylist for any ` tweaking` you may need...click the ` services` link on her site: http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com --- might be worth considering ?
You asked about applying ` Nair` -----hopefully you wouldn`t need to consider using this .. I really don`t recommend it ....it`s best to try get things correct from the factory but if it`s really something that is warranted, you dab it onto the knots on the underside of the lace base.
I`ll deal with your products / cleaning questions later this evening or tomorrow as I need to be someplace now ..... I`m not sure how your temples looked before the hair thinned so please take my markings as just a guess n my part ---- it`s just a case of marking the outline of where your hair used to be and making a template to fill that void!Where the back -edge of the system would be, just mark it with direction -arrows ..you need that hair to lie in the same flow as your own......the photos,though, will ` paint` a much clearer impression of what you need.I`ll deal with your other questions [glues etc.] shortly.....

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 23 y.o. Lurker - Temple recession (pics) - wants a partial - starter kit request - Paul In Ireland - 09-29-2014, 04:37 AM