Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I f*cked up
07-18-2009, 03:20 AM,
I f*cked up
hey guys.

long story short.

- 3 days ago: got full cap cut in 3 days ago, looked pretty but tiny bit thick
(before i shaved my head i had thin hair but it was very long so wanted to make the transition to make it look like i'd had a haircut)
- 2 days ago shaved head at home, attached etc, had troubles doing it all myself and started stressing bad ended up spending like 7 hours in the mirror trying to get attachment right etc
- ended up hanging out with people and seeing people in my home town that i see frequently, they saw me with shaved head so ive probably ran into 20 people i see reguarly they all saw me with shaved head and made comments that id cut it off etc, so i doubt theyd forget

- tonight i tried fullcap again and it looks amazing... BUT HOW could i possibly explain going from shaved bald head to long locks in a day Sad

im really really stuck, i look shocking with a shaved head but absolutely love what i look like with this hair unit.
what can i do guys Sad
07-18-2009, 03:48 AM,
Re: I f*cked up
you should have stayed at home that night until youve done your piece. but now the only way i see is to take a break, travel around the world for at least a year (but when you come back you willl probably have lost the need to use a hair pieceSmile

really, i dont see a way, except telling them that youll wear

good luck
07-18-2009, 04:00 AM,
thanks for the reply mate Wink

i think your right,
option 1: wear and tell people that i do
option 2: keep the shaved head / grow it out a bit

i gave myself 3 days off work and i think i set myself too big of a challenge, as i tried to intergrate nape hair into my attachment and it ended up getting pretty messy and it got to much for me, and after spending so much time in the mirror trying to get it right i gave up and shaved with a razor down to the skin lol.

i'll probably go with option 2, and hopefully a bit of hair grows out lol.
wish i didnt have to even think about all this being 20 years old :cry:

thanks buddy
07-18-2009, 04:50 AM,
Fuck what everyone else thinks.

If it looks good, keep it on. Just be confident about it and any jokes will stop soon enough.
07-18-2009, 07:00 AM,
lol Yeah dude you shouldn't care what others think especially when it looks good. I'm fairly sure a few of my closest friends know i'm wearing as they remember me complaining about my hair before lol but they don't care because it looks preety good. + did you say you're 20? I'm 19 myself and you'd be surprised how different peoples attitudes are even just 1-2 years after high school. I've messed up myself my topper is reasonably long but i accidently shaved my side hair way too much lol so hat it is during the day atleast hah
07-18-2009, 02:35 PM,
hmmm if you're a good actor just tell them that you put on one of those bald caps they use in movies as a joke(like the blueman group use)....you might get away with it...but not much else you can do Wink
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM,
phoenix13 Wrote:hmmm if you're a good actor just tell them that you put on one of those bald caps they use in movies as a joke(like the blueman group use)....you might get away with it...but not much else you can do Wink

hahha mate i actually thought of that, was going to say i tricked them all with a bald cap hahaha. gotta be extremely gutsy to be able to do that though!

i might get some photos up soon of me rocking the bald look lol.

thanks for the support guys means a lot.
07-18-2009, 11:30 PM,
Hi matey,

Please dale, would you post some pix up wearing your full cap for us newbies who havnt taken the plunge yet? As for your dilemma mate, I would invite all the people you know, well those you care about, to come see your new hair, pre-warn them by fone to lessen the shock. Be honest, be brave, take a deep breath and tell them it makes you look and feel ten years younger and youre gonna stick with it cos you love it and your confidence is sky high! Perhaps get some new clothes, a manicure, skin tone-up and some fab aftershave for that added WOW factor then greet thm at the door with a...'am I looking like a rock God or wot?' You get my drift? Good luck and may the force be with you! Smile
07-19-2009, 04:02 AM,
Bunglebonce Wrote:Hi matey,

Please dale, would you post some pix up wearing your full cap for us newbies who havnt taken the plunge yet? As for your dilemma mate, I would invite all the people you know, well those you care about, to come see your new hair, pre-warn them by fone to lessen the shock. Be honest, be brave, take a deep breath and tell them it makes you look and feel ten years younger and youre gonna stick with it cos you love it and your confidence is sky high! Perhaps get some new clothes, a manicure, skin tone-up and some fab aftershave for that added WOW factor then greet thm at the door with a...'am I looking like a rock God or wot?' You get my drift? Good luck and may the force be with you! Smile

thanks for the reply mate.
im going to work in 8 hours for the first time with short hair, very scary stuff!!!

i'm going to put the fullcap away for 3 months while i let my hair grow out a bit so i can then shave and attach and no one will know a thing Smile

my girlfriend has my camera, but i promise i will get some fullcap photo's up in 5-6 days, really it looks quite exceptional just like my hair about 2 years ago when it was in good nick. attachment is tough but i reckon ill get the hang of it.