Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Further Fullcap Photos
08-10-2014, 06:48 PM,
RE: Some Further Fullcap Photos
Yeah White Noise, it needs to be flat-to-base at the nape and importantly, the flaps.... generally they`ve been doing that pretty much quite well....the one thing I notice recently, and I guess it`s never going to be perfect, is because of the relatively light density on the area just ` behind` the forehead / where it curves towards the temples, the hair is ventilated [tied] in so that it`s lying back off the forehead---- tips of the hair are ` pointing` towards the ear ....now whilst the knots are well-bleached and invisible, the very edge of the lace there tends to show the shine from the underlying tape [even though I usually use Walker No -shine] ..... I ` tap` at the tapes there before sticking them onto the lace, with my fingers as this helps ` dull` down any bit of shine .....it`s probably not ideal as it`s the oils from the skin which is doing the dulling, and such oils can lead to a bit of a weaker bond [but it`s never caused me an issue]---just ` putting it out there` ........if you were using glue/s there, it normally isn`t visible once it dries.......compared to ,say, the nape area, those flaps have a relatively very light density. I`ve found that to be my ` problem` area --once normal shedding sets in, that ` visibility` or possibility of it, from tapes, can become more of a nuisance.
I hope those markings can help you tweak the template---as I said, you have a ` tricky` situation there with your sideburn hair and facial hair.... however, having that ` straight line` across there in front of your ear would look really ` off`....... you could simply get your system with flaps like I`ve suggested, then once it arrives [though with the hair so long on a new system it can be hard to ` see` properly ] sit it on, and if necessary, you can easily trim the flaps up if you think it would be better if they were shorter...... I simply trim them with a Stanley blade...just a few grids of lace off can make a huge difference.
I usually take a little material off at the forehead and the sides of the flaps --- my template has ` wide` flaps... I like to trim it once it arrives.....it`s easy / quick to do.