Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos
07-31-2014, 07:46 AM,
RE: Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos
Hi Oldwearer ..bear in mind the computer monitors can give a skewed impression of colours / shades...... my old system has really oxidised a LOT ... it`s almost light brown now ..that`s because I work outdoors and it`s been quite sunny this summer here and I was in the Canary islands in May so the sun has done it`s work ! I `ve coloured it recently to darken it down again. I`ll post some other photos in a new thread and you may see a ` difference`.
1b looks almost black when new [ this new one does !] but under strong daylight /sunshine you can see the brown hue as well ... a trick to ` lift` the colour of the hair if you think it`s too dark / black, is to apply `Head and Shoulders` anti-dandruff shampoo....if left on for 15 to 20 minutes it will lighten it ..however I should ` caution` that it`s not ideal to be using such strong shampoo on system hair....there may be ill-effects on the texture.
To answer your question to Lee99 there regarding the Got2bglued under a skin system ..no ...rain would not be able to get through the skin system, but profuse sweating could affect the hold.... usually any looseness caused to Got2b by moisture, is temporary....the firmness of the hold generally returns after a while ...... doing heavy gym -work or being on a treadmill for a long time would lead to a definite failure of the bond... I`d advise a conventional glue or tape for such situations.
lee99: Consistency from one order to the next can be problematic, unfortunately, as these things are hand-made [ lace systems anyway]... I had a topper similar to your Fullcap ...normally the hair ` goes` before the base material ..this one was the opposite ....wore it for many months and the hair was still in really excellent condition...the lace had begun to tear and fray ..the hair was still great ! Had to go Fullcap after that because my own hair was so thin and I just lost patience with it . If your systems were badly-off in whatever aspects ---you should have returned them.....you`ll never get perfection, as we all know, but if a system comes back outside an acceptable ` parameter` , well, I think the factory should rectify it.
Do you pin your wet system to the head-form to stretch it ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos - Paul In Ireland - 07-31-2014, 07:46 AM