Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIOLOGY IS NOT DESTINY!
07-24-2014, 03:22 PM,
BIOLOGY IS NOT DESTINY!
...and there's no shame in wearing hair.

Loads of women who aren't even bald wear wigs that are obviously wigs.
People get new noses, new teeth, even new genders.

What's the difference?

Undetectability is a fine goal to have as a hair wearer, i ain't knocking it. Obviously we all want our replacement hair to look and feel as close to the real thing as possible. But total undetectability to others is not a high priority to me personally. Because where's the shame in wearing a hairpiece?

My MPB is so advanced, i've been using concealers way longer than most would have as 'undetectable' was a good 4 or more years ago now.
It's certainly detectable to me, and i know some people are fooled (it still looks better than you might expect)...
but it's for me. i'm not that interested in fooling others. I'm pretty open with my friends about the gunk on my head, i ask them if it's running at times, etc Smile
I've also said to many friends that i'll be wearing a hairpiece sooner rather than later.
I tell all of my dates outright that my hair is basically makeup, and it's never been an issue for anyone so far. They say i don't have to do it for them and i say it's not for you. It's all about my own self-image. It fools me *enough* most of the time, even though i can certainly tell the difference and it's become more and more cumbersome to work with and less visually realistic over the years as my MPB has advanced. I still like the way i look better with the crap on my head. It's closer to how i want to see myself in the mirror and in my mind's eye visually, even if it's quite detectable.

Someone once posted on this forum that he could go into work completely Bic-bald one day and with a full cap the next and joke about it. I relate to that attitude, even if that gentleman did not seem to be deeply troubled by his hair loss in the way that myself and others here have been.

If you can make yourself more the way you want to be physically, who cares if it's biology or not? As long as it's possible, and to whatever degree it's possible...

Wear your hair with pride.