Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
excessive sweating
07-22-2014, 06:25 AM,
excessive sweating
Hi all,

im sweating very very lot , and i have the glue GHOST BOND SUPREME , I already tried the GHOST BOND XL

and the glue doesn't work well, after 2 week MAX they no longer work !

so i want to know which glue are better ? and preferably no white glue because my hairline are permanently white when i sweat

please help me

sorry for my english im french ^^

Thank you

Regards
07-22-2014, 07:57 PM,
RE: excessive sweating
Yann, if you are happy with the glue you are using, you simply need to increase the frequency of your de-bond / re-bond ... two weeks is quite a long time ....if you are sweating a lot, I`m surprised your glue is holding up for that [long] time ..... in warm weather and if you do a lot of exercise, naturally, sweating will increase and will have a negative effect on any material [ Glue or Tape] Next time you remove your system, and after you have cleaned your head, you could spray anti-perspirant on your scalp..this can help to an extent, but you probably need to go for a weekly routine of replacing your glue. You can also use `` scalp protector`` as this provides a barrier between your skin and tape/ glue http://www.amazon.com/Walker-Scalp-Prote...B001JKRNX2 It`s also a good idea to leave your system off overnight once in a while to allow your pores and skin a ` break` from adhesive material...will help avoid possible irritation /redness.... regards for now!
07-22-2014, 11:51 PM,
Hi,
this is an idea that I thought, but its to much work and i have the time for Sad

and it does not solve the problem from the color at the front when i'm sweating the glue are white and its difficult to hide it

What for other glue (no white ) are good when we have excessive sweating ?

thank you Paul
07-23-2014, 01:30 AM,
I`m not familiar [ haven`t used this] with this product...it`s not `white` [water-based] ... it`s an Acrylic glue ..however , it contains Toluene ....many people are cautious of using products containing that as there are health-cautions with it .....however, my own personal ` feeling` on these things is that, as long as you don`t use any product over a prolonged time, the relatively small amount of ` harmful` ingredient is negligible ....it`s similar to Nitrates and Nitrite in ham! People eat these things daily and don`t ` worry` .... I think that a product such as this, when used merely in the hottest time of year [and revert to a different one in winter] won`t cause undue harm. You can do a Google -search for suppliers.
http://www.prohairlabs.com/cosmetic-bond...sive/#tab1
07-27-2014, 01:35 AM,
hi Paul,

thank you,
i will probabely test this glue

Regards
07-27-2014, 07:00 AM,
Hi Yann ... it`s expensive, but you`d most likely get a lot of attachments from one bottle..... I`d be interested to hear about the results you get from it if you decide to try it out...
My own scalp can be very oily, which is another reason I go for a nightly removal...I always give the scalp a wipe -over with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol...that ensures a really clean ` foundation ` for the new attachment. The thing you have to be careful with, when using acrylic glues is not to try to remove the ` excess` glue from the applicator by wiping it on the side of the container --- dip the applicator into the glue and then hold it above the bottle so the excess glue runs off naturally into the bottle..... if you ` wipe` the applicator on the container, you get long, very fine ` threads` of glue which can then get stuck to the hair and generally every place you don`t want it !!!! You need to be patient when using acrylic glue and as always , ensure you apply it thinly to your scalp and allow each coat to go practically dry before applying the next.....if ` wet` glue gets into the lace it will seep through and solidify around the base of the hairs, forming ` clumps` ...this is a nightmare to deal with !!